Mask refurb/painter in GTA?

My apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.  I'm a goalie and I get hit in the head for kicks....;)

Looking for your recommendations to get my Pro's Choice refurbished and painted.  Ideally someone with PC experience. 

I know there's lots of good guys south of the border but I don't want the border hassle (was a customs nightmare last time) or lengthy wait time. This is my daily driver and I don't have a spare.  

Thank you 

IMG_1688.jpeg

Edited by Dee
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Dee said:

My apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.  I'm a goalie and I get hit in the head for kicks....;)

Looking for your recommendations to get my Pro's Choice refurbished and painted.  Ideally someone with PC experience. 

I know there's lots of good guys south of the border but I don't want the border hassle (was a customs nightmare last time) or lengthy wait time. This is my daily driver and I don't have a spare.  

Thank you 

IMG_1688.jpeg

Your helmet looks awesome right now....just sayin'.

You haven't mentioned any budget concerns so assuming that's not a limiting factor,  if I were you I'd go to Jordan Bourgeault at JBo Airbrush in Calgary.   In my opinion he's the best Canadian helmet painter.

https://www.jboairbrush.com/

https://youtube.com/@jboairbrush

He does this guy's helmets 

calgary-flames-jacob-markstrom-lets-in-goal-1-6294152-1677684229172.thumb.jpg.bb8f2535aec20c5a3ed32f3529ba1446.jpg

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Dee said:

Thank you

Frank Cipra and EyeCandy Air are both in Ontario, not sure how far they are from Toronto.

47 minutes ago, seagoal said:

P.s.  what's GTA?  You said you're avoiding south of the border which means you're in Canada....eh?

Grand Theft Auto
Greater Toronto Area

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Frank Cipra and EyeCandy Air are both in Ontario, not sure how far they are from Toronto.

Grand Theft Auto
Greater Toronto Area

Ah, ok.

I stand by my post but I guess it's no longer relevant 😕 

You best bet is to send it back to Pros Choice for a refurbishment. There is no one in Canada that does mask refurbishment anymore. Painter wise you have some good choices in the greater Toronto area but to do any refurbishment you have to go to the US for it. I myself went through this a few years back and found that no does mask refurbishment anymore in Canada. US wise you can find only a couple of places that will do it. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, seagoal said:

P.s.  what's GTA?  You said you're avoiding south of the border which means you're in Canada....eh?

Greater Toronto area.  Much larger than just the city proper.  

Thanks Almost.  I'm in touch with Eriich now.  He mentioned that he also has a contact who can refurbish.
 I think she needs new everything to be fair. Foam, clips , harness, cage the whole works!  I'm just wondering if all the work is going to be more expensive than a new mask.... I can get a sweet deal on a Warrior F1 but I love my PC. 13 years old and still a tank! 

Oh nice,  yeah depending on how much it may be time to retire it to shelf art and go for a new one.  I have an off the shelf Coveted but they are also GTA and do custom sizing similar to what the PC would have been.  Hopefully its cost effective enough for referb.  

Curious what your thinking for new paint?  Same design or time for something new.

This is the mine that he did

Star Wars Helmet.jpg

• Like 3

Going to be an iteration on the stormtrooper helmet.  This time more white, less black and just a few of the major elements. (mouth, jaw hinge and vents.  I had a really detailed one before, the current one is more stripped down and the future one even more so.  

Thanks for sharing yours. It's a beauty. 

Edited by Dee

On 5/6/2023 at 8:05 PM, Snowman30 said:

You best bet is to send it back to Pros Choice for a refurbishment.  

Followed up on your suggestion and spoke with Dom this morning. He's going to take care of the refurbishment. Yay!!'

Because I want a very simple design, I'm thinking about a wrap. Any experience here with either Mask Wraps in Mississauga or Mario Design in Barrie? 
Does the wrap hold up well over time? 

cheers