Ideas for GT2 pad graphic

ArdeFIN

Once again I just didn't mean to but when you are offered a proper gear for a (what you consider) fair price. You have to buy it just to not regret afterwards. 

So I bought some Warrior GT2 pads in 34+1,5 as lately I've been struggling with the length of my GT pads that are 33+1,5. And I wnated to see if there was some other pros in GT2  over GT. Side note that I had the G5 pads for some time but never felt the leg channel worked for me and at the same time the GT pads have felt so good.

Then about the title is that the GT2 pads are ex pro of some level and have had atleast two different ads on the face. Which in change has left and will leave even more of the glue residues. As the pads are also all white which I really don't prefer I thought I'd order a graphic of some sort printed to that similar ad material and replace the ads with that. That would save me from cleaning the residues, get rid of the ads and update the all white looks.

What I'm really poor is desinging graphics. I can tell from picture if I like the graphics of some pads or whatever but I cannot create anything I end up liking.

So post me some ideas for pad graphics. The area to be covered is shin - knee rolls - thigh. Boot and side rolls are excluded. Black-white-grayscale preferred but genuine addition of a bit of highlighting colour is a possibility. Geometrics that would work from stance to BF. No tribals thanks.

Here's an example picture of how the ads cover the pad. 

image.jpeg.6e91e3146889915aa61b0e232e2550bc.jpeg

Edit: just made some quick paint drawings and thought about what I do like and one basic graphic theme I like a lot is the Vaughn VE8. I don't want to copy that as is but something similar. SLR2 graphic is neat too but more of a tribal which isn't for me at all. 

Edited by ArdeFIN

Turning around over the VE8 graphics came into this, it's not completely what I'm after but not bad. Except the drawing skills I own 😂 Have no skills and didn't really invest any extra minutes to the effort. 

The light grey squares need a bit more thinking and the boot edge stops too hard to the whole white.

image.png.3e9cdcc776c032b8ef7b676004a51df4.png

• Like 1

I have seen many times that in Suomi they put advertising on goalkeeper pads and I like it more than the standard graphics of manufacturers. why do you want a geometric graphic instead of some kind of picture that you can print on a promotional tape and completely cover the pad?

i mean something like this

e36ccbfe2ce4efe84ba3d57e6ca7d1c3.thumb.jpg.e52e43bc585bc214bf1f26c8cbde856e.jpg

Edited by ser33
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ser33 said:

I have seen many times that in Suomi they put advertising on goalkeeper pads and I like it more than the standard graphics of manufacturers. why do you want a geometric graphic instead of some kind of picture that you can print on a promotional tape and completely cover the pad?

I could go with some graphics or picture too, but in most cases such as that NYR I don't like how it splits when down in butterfly. So the image should be something you can split in the middle and it still some way works when rotated and flat to the ice. That then needs even more of a graphical skills to be able to create something like that. Then again I don't know yet what are the requirements and limitations on printing techniques. The sheets that the printing is done are 70x50cm (100€) or 70x100cm (150€). Material is thick vinyl and the adhesive is sticky and elastic.

Why I don't want to cover the whole face then? That is the side rolls are somewhat difficult or even impossible to tape over so that it looks ok. And I think that the white side roll will apply to the result easily. From the bigger sheet size you could add the boot to be covered.

8 minutes ago, ArdeFIN said:

I could go with some graphics or picture too, but in most cases such as that NYR I don't like how it splits when down in butterfly. So the image should be something you can split in the middle and it still some way works when rotated and flat to the ice. That then needs even more of a graphical skills to be able to create something like that. Then again I don't know yet what are the requirements and limitations on printing techniques. The sheets that the printing is done are 70x50cm (100€) or 70x100cm (150€). Material is thick vinyl and the adhesive is sticky and elastic.

Why I don't want to cover the whole face then? That is the side rolls are somewhat difficult or even impossible to tape over so that it looks ok. And I think that the white side roll will apply to the result easily. From the bigger sheet size you could add the boot to be covered.

I understand your arguments and agree with them. p.s. The photo was just an example) p.p.s. your prices are crazy

9 hours ago, ser33 said:

I understand your arguments and agree with them. p.s. The photo was just an example) p.p.s. your prices are crazy

Yes I know about the photo, and my answer to it wasn't just for NYR but all similar graphics. Those are actually pretty cool except for the splitting issue. I'd have a LOTR Witch King instead of Statue of Liberty though 😁

Witch-king of Angmar (Middle-earth) | Villains Wiki | Fandom

The pricing for the prints is what it is. I think it's part of not too well selling product which still requires quite a lot of investing into. Could be cheaper if I tried to find the cheapest option, that's only one offer.

• Like 1

A new idea but needs some developing to work, atleast those arrows have to go:

image.thumb.png.5377a9b856f9603e33ea2e4c08262fb2.png

I don't know if the NA hockey dictionary has the saying "player hits the logo" which for those who don't know means that a player shoots the puck and hits goalie in the middle of the chest where the team logo usually is. I had this on my previous jersey, so now that I use different jersey I could add that hint for the shooter on my pads as the thigh rises of the pads are usually located just below the intended target; logo... 

Sure enough the pronounce in finnish is also problematic to split in two: "OSU LOGOON". 

Edited by ArdeFIN
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

Yes I know about the photo, and my answer to it wasn't just for NYR but all similar graphics. Those are actually pretty cool except for the splitting issue. I'd have a LOTR Witch King instead of Statue of Liberty though 😁

Witch-king of Angmar (Middle-earth) | Villains Wiki | Fandom

The pricing for the prints is what it is. I think it's part of not too well selling product which still requires quite a lot of investing into. Could be cheaper if I tried to find the cheapest option, that's only one offer.

images.jpg