CCM 581 vs TRUE 580

Madmedic6

4 hours ago, Madmedic6 said:

Not when it's for the better. I likes my 2 piece but the tf9's were killing my feet and I was tired of waiting on my custom 2 piece to come in. But the 581 was just not to my liking. 

I've had tf9's on my radar for a while now - currently have a pair of Vapor 1x's. Are the tf9's just not the right fit for your foot shape? Re: the 581, I wish I had more ice times that I could dedicate to getting used to it because I think it has a lot of potential. Was it just the pop-outs for you, or was it that wrist pad that you didn't like? I find when I catch it clean it's extremely satisfying but just doesn't funnel as nice as a traditional glove.

21 minutes ago, froese said:

I've had tf9's on my radar for a while now - currently have a pair of Vapor 1x's. Are the tf9's just not the right fit for your foot shape? Re: the 581, I wish I had more ice times that I could dedicate to getting used to it because I think it has a lot of potential. Was it just the pop-outs for you, or was it that wrist pad that you didn't like? I find when I catch it clean it's extremely satisfying but just doesn't funnel as nice as a traditional glove.

What size skates do you wear? Last time I got my feet scanned it said suggest custom due to width and volume. As for the 581, after using it 2+ times a week for almost 2 months I didn't like the stiffness, lack of finger stalls, and the t. I much rather the lobster claw than a mutated 590/580

6 minutes ago, Madmedic6 said:

What size skates do you wear? Last time I got my feet scanned it said suggest custom due to width and volume. As for the 581, after using it 2+ times a week for almost 2 months I didn't like the stiffness, lack of finger stalls, and the t. I much rather the lobster claw than a mutated 590/580

Glove presentation was also another factor. The 581 would present as open and stay open like I can the regular 580. Oddly enough the 581 almost felt like I had to pull the palm to the fingers and was a lot more effort to close. Fingers crossed that my ccm 580 pro palm is as buttery as my true pro palm. 

Edited by Madmedic6

6 minutes ago, Madmedic6 said:

I'm a 10 in a shoe, and a 9D skate, which is what I have and is what was suggested by the foot scanner. Left foot is 3/4's of a size different than right, but doesn't present a problem with sizing in my skate. But I have very flat feet so it's tough getting a comfortable fit. The 1x's are generally pretty good, I don't have major complaints but I'm always looking for a more comfortable fit, especially since skating and mobility has literally become the most important aspect of goaltending.  

Interesting re: 581 stiffness...mine managed to break in really well, but you're right in general it is definitely a stiffer design compared to the 580 and always will be no matter how well it breaks in. 

12 minutes ago, Madmedic6 said:

Glove presentation was also another factor. The 581 would present as open and stay open like I can the regular 580. Oddly enough the 581 almost felt like I had to pull the palm to the fingers and was a lot more effort to close. Fingers crossed that my ccm 580 pro palm is as buttery as my true pro palm. 

So far for me, the ccm 580 break in is going very well. Not as buttery as your True 580 video shows but I've only had two skates with it so far. But based on progress to this point I'm confident it will get there. Mine's a pro palm as well.

Compared to your 581 video though, mine seems to have broken in quite a bit better and I have not had those issues! Strange....mine wasn't custom though, and is just a game ready palm. Is yours a pro palm?

14 minutes ago, froese said:

So far for me, the ccm 580 break in is going very well. Not as buttery as your True 580 video shows but I've only had two skates with it so far. But based on progress to this point I'm confident it will get there. Mine's a pro palm as well.

Compared to your 581 video though, mine seems to have broken in quite a bit better and I have not had those issues! Strange....mine wasn't custom though, and is just a game ready palm. Is yours a pro palm?

Mine is pro palm. Total custom pro. Baked twice and 2+ skates a week since late July... even did ccm's tied bake that I had to do for the 20 retail gloves we have in stock. 

13 minutes ago, Madmedic6 said:

Mine is pro palm. Total custom pro. Baked twice and 2+ skates a week since late July... even did ccm's tied bake that I had to do for the 20 retail gloves we have in stock. 

I wonder if the pro palm is the difference, then. Maybe I'll do a video similar to yours to show the closure. Mine's pretty damn snappy. Sucks that they couldn't seem to get it right. Oh well, hopefully your 580 arrives soon! 😜

1 minute ago, froese said:

I wonder if the pro palm is the difference, then. Maybe I'll do a video similar to yours to show the closure. Mine's pretty damn snappy. Sucks that they couldn't seem to get it right. Oh well, hopefully your 580 arrives soon! 😜

Comes with the territory of buying gear to give customers feedback. Atleast I used the 581 longer than I used my machs last year.  😬😬

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Madmedic6 said:

It's surprisingly awkward trying to film yourself closing a glove 😂

• 1 month later...