Blade creaking in the holder True 1 piece

ser33

Hi all!

I encountered the same phenomenon as in the topic title. When walking in skates from the locker room to the ice and back, you can hear the creak and crunch of the blade in the holder. The blade sits tightly, the bolt is tightened. Visually the holder is intact but in the middle part it is a little flexible.

I haven’t taken any photos yet, but if they are needed to make a diagnosis, I will. I also noticed that when I took it out, the blade had some sort of black sealant/paste applied along the edges of the plane that is inserted into the holder.

Has anyone encountered anything like this?

p.s. This is not a fart of the blade on the ice due to the rigidity of the skate, but a crunch/creak when walking. You can't hear this sound on ice.

these skates

6HYt7PUFzFA.thumb.jpg.5004f43c53d82947d4f9939c189d8e45.jpgRpdkFsSm-dc.thumb.jpg.4100613aec1e4bd4d505b02acc84e8e1.jpg

thanks to everyone who will respond and help fix the problem

I had the same issue after only a season of use with my one pieces a few years ago. After sending them to True twice to be repaired True deemed them unfixable, sent them back to me, and asked if I wanted a new pair of one piece or two pieces skates free of charge. Ended up opting for the two piece skates.

I never was able to fix my one pieces and ended up selling them for cheap.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I had the same issue after only a season of use with my one pieces a few years ago. After sending them to True twice to be repaired True deemed them unfixable, sent them back to me, and asked if I wanted a new pair of one piece or two pieces skates free of charge. Ended up opting for the two piece skates.

I never was able to fix my one pieces and ended up selling them for cheap.

Thanks for your feedback. It won't fix the problem, but at least now I know it's possibly a systemic design problem. Thank you

As far as I understand, it is not the blade that creaks, but parts of the holder that shift under pressure from the blade. Because True’s “one-piece holder” is far from being one-piece in reality. A separate plastic holder is somehow attached to the boot and then covered with carbon fiber on top. These are the parts that rub against each other

I poured super glue between them and see what happensIMG_20231027_172223.thumb.jpg.e392a3d45fa148c4f410df3951337158.jpg

• Like 1