Alternative to all white or all black for multiple teams

ethanallen

I was thinking about this because I was asked to try out for a spring league by a coach from another team. I have to pay for my gear with some help from Mom, Uncle and Grandma and Grandpa.  I was going to get all metallic gold with green accents like Marc Andre Fleury for my high school team which is green and sport gold. If I make the team, I won't match the team colors of red, white, and blue. Add to that we may move before next season and team will have different colors, I don't want to switch gear again. White screams free agent and can look lame. Black is the next choice, but doesn't always look great. I am thinking silver or tan. We haven't ordered my new gear, so this is a good time to pick. I am thinking silver. What do you think?

Depending on who you go with and what their color options are, a grey set with some metallic silver weave mixed in (or vice versa) would look pretty dope IMO.  

For instance, Brian's has metallic silver and grey flat leather, as well as metallic silver weave.  You can even mix in some white or black (they have black in flat,weave, and matte material).  Even the same colors with different material (flat leather vs. weave) can look awesome when done right.  

• Thanks 1

I think I will go silver on the pads and gloves. I may have trouble with resale, but resale in my locale is pretty bad, with my used sporting good shops having an over-abundance of goalie gear. I was able to get a very generous store credit for my left handed golf club set. I am actually right handed, but naturally bat left handed in baseball and was pretty good playing golf left-handed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ethanallen said:

I think I will go silver on the pads and gloves. I may have trouble with resale, but resale in my locale is pretty bad, with my used sporting good shops having an over-abundance of goalie gear. I was able to get a very generous store credit for my left handed golf club set. I am actually right handed, but naturally bat left handed in baseball and was pretty good playing golf left-handed.

GGSU Facebook group and Sideline Swaps are both better avenues for selling (or buying) used gear. Local shops aren't worth it. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ethanallen said:

I may try Sideline Swap. Not on fb and never will be. 

Making a Facebook account just for GGSU will be worth it. I haven't bought anything, but sold a few things there very quickly. 

Sideline swap takes a cut and charges taxes, some people refuse to sell there for that reason.. GGSU is all private sales. 

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

Making a Facebook account just for GGSU will be worth it. I haven't bought anything, but sold a few things there very quickly. 

Sideline swap takes a cut and charges taxes, some people refuse to sell there for that reason.. GGSU is all private sales. 

Point taken. Dad used to tell me what a sess pool that place is, and by the time Mom said I could have an account, I wasn't interested LOL