Looking for lightest blocker recommendations

IpaddyTECH

Hey all I'm looking for recommendations for the crazy lightest blocker out there. I'm looking at Bauer x5 pro or M5 blockers. The m5 clocks in a 880 grams, not sure on the x5 but it's newer and from the Hyperlight line so one might assume.

So I have a pretty bad right shoulder. Had surgery and all. I'm 33 and starting to think about how I play the game now may determine if I get to play for 10 more years or 30. All I care about (as for as gear for my right arm) is taking weight off. I do all the PT stuff in the gym but looking to lighten the cumulative load over the years. For sticks I have warrior v1 pros in intermediate size (they are stupid light, I love them). 

Hey all, hopefully this isn't too redundant of a question. I did some searching and found the glove weight thread and that was helpful to get an idea but outdated. 

Heaviest blocker I've owned in recent years as the Hyperlite 1 blocker, I think it was about 1015 grams. Though current Bauer literature says the Hyperlite 2 blocker should be about 840 grams and the Shadow is about 860 grams. The X5pro and M5pro Shadow are supposed to be the same at 820 grams (this is from the Bauer 2024 calatog).

Current blockers:

• GNetikV: 973 g
  • Optik2: 875 g
  • Optik: 784 g

If the Iconik is truly 20% lighter, than it should be about 780 grams, but I'd expect it to be more like 820 grams.

I've always found Warrior blockers to always be incredibly light.

4 hours ago, keeperton said:

Heaviest blocker I've owned in recent years as the Hyperlite 1 blocker, I think it was about 1015 grams. Though current Bauer literature says the Hyperlite 2 blocker should be about 840 grams and the Shadow is about 860 grams. The X5pro and M5pro Shadow are supposed to be the same at 820 grams (this is from the Bauer 2024 calatog).

Current blockers:

• GNetikV: 973 g
  • Optik2: 875 g
  • Optik: 784 g

If the Iconik is truly 20% lighter, than it should be about 780 grams, but I'd expect it to be more like 820 grams.

I've always found Warrior blockers to always be incredibly light.

Having used an Iconik blocker I can say that it is incredibly light. Didn’t weigh it but it was awesome to use.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2024 at 9:39 AM, IpaddyTECH said:

Thanks everyone!. Anybody have a weight on Warrior blockers? 

I don't have a scale but my new Warrior 6.1 E+ is the lightest blocker on the market, I can pretty much guarantee you.  That combined with perfect center balance makes it light as a feather.  Still has excellent protection and rebound.  If you are looking for any piece of gear they make, it will likely be the lightest in its category.

• Like 1

I'd agree that you won't find anything lighter than the Warrior stuff.   The flatter blocker is supposed to be slightly heavier, but it's so well balanced that it feels like wearing a player glove.    Combine that with the ability to accurately put rebounds where you want them due to the more uniform surface and it's one of 2 blockers I've ever owned that's elicited a reaction from me beyond "eh, it's a blocker".   To be fair, the other is my Bauer rocket launcher.   It weighs more, but the rebounds come off it with noticeably more velocity.  

• Like 1

Thanks fellas! I got a good deal on a pretty much new Bauer X5 pro so that's in the mail. A warrior 6.1 was my next choice, so if I end up not liking the x5 maybe I'll make a switch. I like the tighter fit and feel of the bauer blockers, but I am a little worried durability so we'll see. 

I'll do a mini review on it soon. I also have a 6.1 pro glove I've been meaning to review. Love that thing.

Edited by IpaddyTECH