Battram & Simmons pads and gloves

bgorb

Does anyone have any thoughts about the quality and performance of the most recent offerings from Simmons and Bartram? I know there are a lot of strong feelings about business practices and copying designs but from a purely functional standpoint, how are these companies? Simmons came out with the Matrix 4 with a unique graphic that looks pretty modern. Battram looks like it was somewhat updated within the last few years.

I can’t speak to their RECENT offerings. But, I’m still using a set of Simmons pads and gloves purchased in 2012. I did have the gloves refurbished back in 2017. I’ve been using various measures to cover wear spots on the whole set. First ShoeGoo, then electric tape, now PadSkinz. I’ve also replaced leg pad leather straps and the knee elastic velcro. But everything still functions and preforms how I like. 

Edited by WillyGrips13

The people at Simmons are so nice and informative. I got to check out their new matrix set and it reminds me a lot of the Optik line. Strapping was different on all of the sets there so I can’t comment on that, to my memory they were mid stiff, probably similar to a vapor pad maybe slightly stiffer. Felt like a good pad. Gloves are nice the blocker is nothing special but the 580 feels really similar to my trues I’ve had. I would go with them over battram just because battram gear hasn’t evolved in about a century