Fernandez Itech Mask?

46 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Yes it could be.  If that's from early 2000s PC was Branded as Bauer.  So this could be after the Bauer/Itech merger.  PC used to have tear drop vents similar to Hackva.

Image result for mike richter mask Image result for mike richter mask

This is interesting. I didn’t remember the tear drop vents 

I remember the Bauer branding, but I thought that relationship ended coinciding with Bauer buying Itech and discontinuing the brand 

With the discontinuation, seems odd Itech ever would have been Itech on a PC?

Did PC and Itech ever have a relationship?

1 minute ago, TheGoalNet said:

This is interesting. I didn’t remember the tear drop vents 

I remember the Bauer branding, but I thought that relationship ended coinciding with Bauer buying Itech and discontinuing the brand 

With the discontinuation, seems odd Itech ever would have been Itech on a PC?

Did PC and Itech ever have a relationship?

I don't remember.  I wasn't such a gear whore back then.

100% sure that is a Pro's Choice.  The triangular center bar and the location of the cage screws is a giveaway.

Bauer purchased Mission-Itech in 2008, there was a weird period in time after the acquisition that Dom was still servicing his own pros under the Bauer name, even though the 960/961/9600/9601 were being issued with Bauer branding.  I think this is the time period where Dom's 961 style shell really started to make its rounds.

The sticker could have been part of an endorsement deal.  Itech was really aggressive around this time period in getting pro players in their gear. 
EDIT: Confirmed Itech went out and did this on their own accord.  Dom was not happy!

Branding at the pro level is a tricky thing.  I heard one story from a rep: his first job was to go to the All Star game and wrap a notable player's wood stick with branding and stickers to make it look like their new composite stick. 

For those that follow player gear, this tactic is pretty commonplace - a player could be using the layup for an old Vapor XXXX stick with the new Supreme graphic. 
Heck, you can see the "rebadging" going on with Manny's blocker below. 
He's seen wearing an Itech 9.8 Prodigy blocker with 11.8 and 12.8 graphics for 3 years in a row (look at the weird bevel at the top of the board, this wasn't on the 11.8 or 12.8). 
His pads seen in the red Minnesota jersey don't have the Itech flex plate in the knee face, but his pads in Boston after that do.
This doesn't really contribute to the topic at hand, but it was interesting (to me) anyway.

Here's Manny, without the decal, dated February 2006.

image.png.c6ac25132f7f05e81688adb125e75c2d.png

Here's one with, dated December 2006 (the following season)

image.png.3357699794091c98969a2d50c5742269.png

He signed in Boston for 2007, the sticker is missing:

image.png.422634909dc37c8ab55137e3fa9825d0.png

Presumably after the merger in 2008:

image.png.11b6ef416ddfd009dc50ef8de0d18354.png

@Chenner29 - Wrapping of sticks is common place for goalies too. Lundqvist previously had a wood stick wrapped like a Bauer TotalOne composite. Many NHL goalies using 1S or 1X badged sticks are actually using NXG, R6000, or One100. There are also some CCM "prototype" Pro Stock only models floating around out there. 

Image result for lundqvist totalone stick

I personally am actually not mad at companies for the wrapping of sticks. This gets into one of those weird ethical issues again though, haha... but the example above is the only one I find as very deceptive. To Bauer's credit, this no longer happens. 

Good follow up on the Dom stuff, thanks 

Archived