Considering buying S29 pads

MadsM

Hi guys

Been considering buying the S29 bauer pads which cost 820 USD here in Europe.  So the only concerns i have is as following:

A: Not  been able to find any reviews on the pad, only for the 2s, and a single for the s190 which was a youtube video which wasn't very informative. So does anyone own this pad and know how it performs etc?

B. Should i rather try and get a used set from the US which would probbably run me a little bit more? or just any other ideas really?

I got a "normal" butterfly style game, i last used a pair of 10 years old worn out p2 reebok pads. and that's what i have used, so i don't have a whole lot of bias etc. 

Thanks for taking the time to read it. 

/Mads

It will be a change for sure, it's up to you on how much of a risk you are wiling to take to buy a pad you never tried on.  Reviews can be so much, at the end of it all it's up to you.

It will be stiffer than anything you are probably used to, so the challenge will be on you.  I took on a stiffer pad, with different strapping system with my P1 coming from Revokes and it was a challenge but rewarding in the end.  It's all up to you.  I don't think that there is anything that someone can tell you to make a decision for you....but @Znowleopard took a risk as well with buying a pair of pads he never put on before.  Maybe he has a few tips.

When checking them out in the store I was impressed with the quality of the senior versions of the 2s line.  I was considering going that route myself before my xlts fell in my lap.  If you were wanting a super stiff, rigid pad I think that's a good route to go.  I would however look into trying to locate a used 1s pro pad.  I find the deals that I come across for those are superb.  I tried a buddy of mine's 1s set and they were amazing quality.

6 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

It will be a change for sure, it's up to you on how much of a risk you are wiling to take to buy a pad you never tried on.  Reviews can be so much, at the end of it all it's up to you.

It will be stiffer than anything you are probably used to, so the challenge will be on you.  I took on a stiffer pad, with different strapping system with my P1 coming from Revokes and it was a challenge but rewarding in the end.  It's all up to you.  I don't think that there is anything that someone can tell you to make a decision for you....but @Znowleopard took a risk as well with buying a pair of pads he never put on before.  Maybe he has a few tips.

You are totally right about that, it's going to be very different, I think even no matter what i would get due to the age of the old pad.@Znowleopard and me are most likely in the same posistion with no shops in a proximity of like 600 km's that is stocking goaliegear to try lol! 

I also just thought that the s29 sounded like a good option as it had the cortech on the sliding plates, so they should slide well. 

4 minutes ago, MadsM said:

You are totally right about that, it's going to be very different, I think even no matter what i would get due to the age of the old pad.@Znowleopard and me are most likely in the same posistion with no shops in a proximity of like 600 km's that is stocking goaliegear to try lol! 

I also just thought that the s29 sounded like a good option as it had the cortech on the sliding plates, so they should slide well. 

Many pads slide well, and that one is no different.  You just like the look of it I think ;)

Take a risk and buy it if you got the cash, just make sure you get the sizing down.

31 minutes ago, MadsM said:

Hi guys

Been considering buying the S29 bauer pads which cost 820 USD here in Europe.  So the only concerns i have is as following:

A: Not  been able to find any reviews on the pad, only for the 2s, and a single for the s190 which was a youtube video which wasn't very informative. So does anyone own this pad and know how it performs etc?

B. Should i rather try and get a used set from the US which would probbably run me a little bit more? or just any other ideas really?

I got a "normal" butterfly style game, i last used a pair of 10 years old worn out p2 reebok pads. and that's what i have used, so i don't have a whole lot of bias etc. 

Thanks for taking the time to read it. 

/Mads

I went from a CCM Premier pad to a Bauer Vapor pad and the change was definitely noticeable. The Bauer’s take a bit more time to break in and are a lot more uncomfortable at first... but you can get used to them after 1-3 ice times.

2 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Many pads slide well, and that one is no different.  You just like the look of it I think ;)

Take a risk and buy it if you got the cash, just make sure you get the sizing down.

Hehe Yeah, I'd get them with the blue/red to fit my optik glove set ?

• 1 year later...

Had a question about the pad rotating back. Just picked up a used pair and I notice that they wouldn’t rotate back upon getting out of the butterfly back into my stance. Using regular skate laces tied tight. The knee strap had to be done price style as the Velcro wouldn’t stick on the knee stack. I also don’t have knee pads yet. Anyone else have this issue? I contact Bauer to see if I could be new outside knee “stacks” and am awaiting their response. Any idea what I can do in the mean time other than readjusting after each butterfly?

Archived