Credit Card for Hockey Families (US only?)

Chenner29

For the US folks on here, Wells Fargo just put out a new credit card product that is right up our alley.

https://creditcards.wellsfargo.com/attune-credit-card/?sub_channel=SEO&vendor_code=G

The Attune credit card gives you 4% unlimited cash back at sporting goods stores.

As long as the merchant has categorized themselves correctly, you will get the cash back credit on your card.

Other relevant categories relevant to "hockey people" include:

1. Gym membership/fitness studios
  2. Public golf courses
  3. Barber shop (maybe not if you're growing your flow)
  4. Sporting/recreational camps (it's possible league fees, ice time costs work under this)
  5. Sporting event tickets (both facility and reseller sites like TicketMaster/StubHub)

For anyone around my age with kids, below categories are included:

• Streaming services
  • Book stores
  • Movie theaters
  • Cable/other TV
  • Trampoline parks
  • Theme parks (ie. Disneyland, Universal Studios, etc).
  • Collectible stores (Lego store is listed)
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

This sounds great for all the older folks on here. Another one if you guys haven’t heard is American Express, if you have kids who aren’t goalies, they extend the standard stick warranties from 30 days to 90, across all the brands

Are you kidding me? Now I find this out??

21 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Other relevant categories relevant to "hockey people" include:

1. Gym membership/fitness studios
  2. Public golf courses

Glad to see that they are looking out for the American fans of the Leafs and their typical spring activity during the NHL playoffs.

• Haha 2

On 6/9/2024 at 3:03 PM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

This sounds great for all the older folks on here. Another one if you guys haven’t heard is American Express, if you have kids who aren’t goalies, they extend the standard stick warranties from 30 days to 90, across all the brands

4 hours ago, MTH said:

Are you kidding me? Now I find this out??

Yep, my platinum card has this:

image.png.b37781878180adf7c3f56cd3c60739b6.png

I also get $20/month voucher to use on Uber Eats, $50 every 6 months to spend at Saks Fifth Avenue, free Walmart+ subscription, credit for TSA PreCheck application, $20/month to use on streaming services, and airport lounge access.

It's a pretty robust set of features and I got it due to the amount of business travel I started doing.

18 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Yep, my platinum card has this:

image.png.b37781878180adf7c3f56cd3c60739b6.png

I also get $20/month voucher to use on Uber Eats, $50 every 6 months to spend at Saks Fifth Avenue, free Walmart+ subscription, credit for TSA PreCheck application, $20/month to use on streaming services, and airport lounge access.

It's a pretty robust set of features and I got it due to the amount of business travel I started doing.

This is all from Amex? All I knew about was the 90 days for sticks! My discover doesn’t do jack lol

1 minute ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

So just to have it? Or a minimum spenditure?

Just checked - it's $695.

Yeah, just to have it.  No minimum spend, but no hard credit limit cap either. 

AmEx also periodically puts out offers, like $50 off UnderArmor store purchases, etc.

image.thumb.png.023e054045bc1da5ed96c033a7527203.png

As for other "free money" -

I have another AmEx I use for groceries that gives 6% back up to $6k/year, 1% after that
For my wife's gas, I have her charge to the Citi Costco Card, 4% back up to $4k/year
Anything on Amazon/Amazon Fresh/Whole Foods I run my Amazon Visa, 5% cash back unlimited

• Like 1