Bauer 1x Pants

ncpuckstopper34

First time poster here, so bear with me if I've put this in the wrong area, but I've searched high and low, and can't seem to find anything beside the occasional goalie monkey review. 

Does anybody have any real world experience with the Bauer 1x pants? The good? The bad? Anything? For reference, I'm coming from a pair of RBK 9k pants, and wear a 1s chest protector tucked. My main concern is the half internal, half external belt and how that would integrate and affect tucking my chest protector. I'm hoping to find any reviews of people who have worn them or demo'ed them. There isn't a single Youtube review or anything that I can come across. I bought a pair on GGSU and hope I made the right call. Cheers!

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!

I don't have a review to offer but I can say that in the store that I work at, I have yet to sell a single Vapor 1X pant. We carry all the pants from the top 5 goalie companies and thusfar I haven't sold one. Maybe my colleagues have but I have no recollection of it. Not that it's a bad pant but when compared to either family in CCM or the Velocity or even the Ritual by Warrior, no one seems to want to buy it.

Take from that what you will.

1x_goal_pant_zoom.jpg?fresh=35374&mw=455

These ones?

I bought a pair back in November of 2017. My honest assessment: they are incredibly light, and pretty flexible right off the bat. I love the waist belt, and the tapper around the waist made it easier for me to shift my torso when doing post work. I normally wear suspenders, but these felt snug enough to go without. The cons: the sides by the hip are shorter cut, and if you're a tucker like me there is no place to tether your C/A into. I improvised to have a place to tie it in, but my C/A would often shift around or pop out. I was coming from a pair of pants that were close to 4-5 years old, so it was a bit of culture shock. I also got a size smaller and found I like my pants a bit more roomy.

I stopped using them in June of 2018 and bought a used pair of CCM pro stocks. While the 1X were flexible, I'm used to that super soft and broken in feeling, and I need to tuck my C/A in a bit more snug. I felt a little lost in my net sometimes with the 1X, but it was due to preferences and habits, not the pants themselves. I had the same experience with the 1X pads; amazingly light, but I just couldn't adjust to some of the things on them because I'm picky and fickle with my stuff. I like my pants pretty worn-in.

5 hours ago, ncpuckstopper34 said:

@Moose75 Yes those exact pants. What did you do to tether your C/A down? That is one concern I didn't even think of. Did you have any experience with the adjustable length or using the 1x knee pads? How did you manage to tuck your C/A using the belt and not suspenders?

There should be a red loop on the inside of that codpiece-looking thing. I tied a lace to that so I could tuck and tie my c/a. I'd loosen the belts as far as I could first, then tuck in the C/A, tie it in, then tighten the belts until it felt snug. They were tighter pants, as I did buy a L instead of an XL, so suspenders would have made them too restrictive for me. Plus I wanted to try it without.

I highly recommend the 1X knee guards, regardless of pant brand. Bauer is the first company to figure out how to make them comfortable to wear and land on. I use the garter belt, so I don't have experience tying them into the pants. But after years and years of trying every model imaginable, I have found my white whale.

Archived