Brians Optik Pants

Jblack151

23 minutes ago, Jblack151 said:

In the market for some new pants and leaning towards Brians Optik to replace my Vaughn V6 2200. 

Does anyone one have any reviews/input on the Optik pants?

Have you tried on CCM HPG 13a pants? Amazing pants, and you can usually get them at a good price if you can find them.

3 hours ago, braedub90 said:

Have you tried on CCM HPG 13a pants? Amazing pants, and you can usually get them at a good price if you can find them.

I’ve heard about them from a few others that liked them.....and also was informed how challenging they can be to find in a particular size/color. 

19 hours ago, Jblack151 said:

I’ve heard about them from a few others that liked them.....and also was informed how challenging they can be to find in a particular size/color. 

That's true about the colour, I had to settle for Calgary Flames pro returns ?

I have them and I really like them. They fit me better than the standard CCM Premier pants (not the pro stock/pro return HPG 12a/13a pants). They come with an extra piece of padding under the thigh, which is velcro-ed in - I took out this piece because it was very tight with any knee pads on. Very protective, very comfortable. My only complaint is that the soft fabric at the bottom inside of the pant rubs against any of the hook part of the velcro from the knee stack on your pads, but it hasn't torn or anything yet; if you leave in the extra padding as mentioned above, this probably isn't an issue. I've been using them for about 6 months now and haven't experienced any durability issues (I play twice a week). I think they're great pants, overall.

4 hours ago, TitanG said:

The Goalie Crease posted on Facebook that they have a pair of Craig Anderson XL Optik pants for 350 CAD... Steep price but if you want them, that's an option.

I saw that. Thanks for the heads up. I’m actually picking my new Optik pants up tomorrow along with my True skates. With getting my Optik chesty yesterday, its been like Christmas around here for me! 

8 hours ago, Jblack151 said:

I saw that. Thanks for the heads up. I’m actually picking my new Optik pants up tomorrow along with my True skates. With getting my Optik chesty yesterday, its been like Christmas around here for me! 

I just switched to optik pants after 13yrs in CCM 620 pants lol they’re incredibly light and mobile you’ll think you have player pants on, they’re rather stiff too which I like I feel that adds to their ability to move with you all in all I recommend them hands down 

Archived