Any hockey accessories to help with pimples?

20 minutes ago, Jonathon v said:

I get a lot of pimples on my face and I feel it’s because I sweat a lot on the ice and am on the ice a lot. I will say though I wash my sweatband after EVERY single use. Any tips? 

For what it's worth... I'm significantly older than you and it happens to me on occasion as well. One thing I always tried and do when I was younger was to not only wash the sweatband... but also wash my face well after every skate. I use Cetaphil "Gentle Skin Cleanser" not their "Daily Facial Cleanser" as it seemed to dry out my face more. Just keep a travel size bottle in my kit. There is probably some Rx stuff you can use to help as well... but at that point you're blaming your parents for the genes and hockey just makes it more noticeable.

Image result for cetaphil face wash travel size

52 minutes ago, Jonathon v said:

I get a lot of pimples on my face and I feel it’s because I sweat a lot on the ice and am on the ice a lot. I will say though I wash my sweatband after EVERY single use. Any tips? 

How old is the padding in your mask? Do your breakouts align with the padding and sweatband zones? 

Like others have said, you need to wash your sweat band and also your face. In addition, you need to wash your mask padding. I use regular shampoo and warm (not hot) water in a tub to clean the interior of my mask. For the sweatband, consider getting a sweatband that can be thrown in the wash machine with your undergarments. For your face, use something gentle and don't do it every day or you'll dry your skin out and make it worse. You should consider washing your face and hair both before and after you play, again, gently. When you get hot your pores open up and that provides a bacteria entry point. 

Archived