True skate custom request

So I’m 15 and ready to get true skates. I don’t think my feet have grown in a very long time, but I think they will grow a tiny bit more within a. Couple years. Is asking them to add an extra  1/4 size for room to grow a good idea? Will that ruin all the talk about those incredibly better T glides and shuffles

Any reason you're going for True skates over off the shelf skates? I have a pair of True and while I do like them I would recommend going off the shelve with a proper sized skate that fits your current foot size. I only went with True is because I had fitting issues with anything available off the shelf. I would advise against spending your money on something that might never properly fit you, since you mention your foot may not grow. You're better off saving your money and buying a new pair when or if your foot does grow.

48 minutes ago, Kaveman42 said:

Any reason you're going for True skates over off the shelf skates? I have a pair of True and while I do like them I would recommend going off the shelve with a proper sized skate that fits your current foot size. I only went with True is because I had fitting issues with anything available off the shelf. I would advise against spending your money on something that might never properly fit you, since you mention your foot may not grow. You're better off saving your money and buying a new pair when or if your foot does grow.

Reason I’m getting true skates is mostly because my feet hurt like hell with the off the shelf skates I have. The amazing energy transfer on true is a bonus 😂 and my skates are probably half a size big on me right now, so getting skates 1/4 size big on me won’t matter 

I actually was speaking to a True rep at Tendyfest the other day and he mentioned that they can build in a sort of 'cap' to the end of the skate for people with growing feet. According to him it can add half a skate size.

3 hours ago, Flyers27 said:

I actually was speaking to a True rep at Tendyfest the other day and he mentioned that they can build in a sort of 'cap' to the end of the skate for people with growing feet. According to him it can add half a skate size.

Well I’ve heard part of their amazing energy transfer and feel is like the tightness at the ankle, will this lose all the energy transfer if it’s bigger by the toes?

5 minutes ago, Jonathon v said:

Well I’ve heard part of their amazing energy transfer and feel is like the tightness at the ankle, will this lose all the energy transfer if it’s bigger by the toes?

I'm not sure, we didn't discuss that. True may be able to answer.

If I were you I'd get pro return True/VH skates, they're way cheaper (got mine for under $500). If you have the budget for full custom True skates then by all means go for it. I have no issues with energy transfer in my Elliott pro return skates due to the lower volume of the boot. My skates are probably a half a size to a size big for me but they feel snug so you don't really notice.

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

If I were you I'd get pro return True/VH skates, they're way cheaper (got mine for under $500). If you have the budget for full custom True skates then by all means go for it. I have no issues with energy transfer in my Elliott pro return skates due to the lower volume of the boot. My skates are probably a half a size to a size big for me but they feel snug so you don't really notice.

I have looked for pro return one piece trues on sidelineswap and eBay and I can’t find a single one if you find one let me

Archived