Stainless Steel or Titanium Mask Snaps

Have been having bad luck lately with shots hitting the plastic snaps on my mask and breaking them, causing my mask to come loose during games.

Has anyone heard of stainless steel or titanium mask snaps? If these do exist I feel like this would solve my problem

image.png.28394aaa40c4a11dcd6a3ec73af5b64f.png

I have the stainless ones and they last alot better but are prone to popping off alot. You have to put some hockey tape( I use clear shinpad tape) on the snap screws to make the fit a little tighter. That is really only downfall with them. I have never heard of titanium ones at all.

http://shop.newimagegoaliemask.com/product.sc;jsessionid=E53C706B9D38B436AA3303C69B6294C9.p3plqscsfapp004?productId=13&categoryId=1

https://www.warwickmaskcompany.com/product/buckles-1-metal-6/

Knock on my head, er um wood, have not had a plastic snap explode YET, and I am inviting danger by not carrying any spare snaps.

The chief reasons why the plastic works better is because of that slight expansion over the snap button. Of course that is also why they eventually fail, as repeated stresses of on and off of the button make the plastic brittle. Of course a frozen puck is a LOT harder than a plastic snap. 

I tried metal snaps as @Snowman30 had mentioned and was EXTREMELY frustrated with them. Tape does work as mentioned, but it got to be a REAL PIA to keep that going. I abandoned metal snaps pretty quickly.

Not a fan of the metal clips. Popping them off makes me think I’m going to chip the paint. Same with them taking puck impact. Plastic just cracks and you can’t tell on the paint. I would imagine the metal bending and again potentially dinging up your mask.  Cost of the plastic is cheap and I always have some spares so I don’t see the reward vs risk. 

21 minutes ago, Hockey3081 said:

Not a fan of the metal clips. Popping them off makes me think I’m going to chip the paint. Same with them taking puck impact. Plastic just cracks and you can’t tell on the paint. I would imagine the metal bending and again potentially dinging up your mask.  Cost of the plastic is cheap and I always have some spares so I don’t see the reward vs risk. 

Aha! There is the rub! I haven’t used a metal snap on an expensive paint job. I KNEW there was one other reason I wasn’t too keen!

Archived