New pads causing some concerning discomfort

jwags2201

Hey guys, just picked up a used set of Vaughn v6 2000s (33+2). I have worn Gnetik 5.0’s (33+1) for the past 4.5 years. I used my new Vaughn’s for the first time yesterday at rat and noticed the knee stacks were pushing up on my pants and basically caused a kick to the balls whenever I made a quick leg movement. Is this just something I need to get used to to get around or is there some sort of pad adjustment I can make? Thanks 

3 hours ago, jwags2201 said:

Hey guys, just picked up a used set of Vaughn v6 2000s (33+2). I have worn Gnetik 5.0’s (33+1) for the past 4.5 years. I used my new Vaughn’s for the first time yesterday at rat and noticed the knee stacks were pushing up on my pants and basically caused a kick to the balls whenever I made a quick leg movement. Is this just something I need to get used to to get around or is there some sort of pad adjustment I can make? Thanks 

I can see this being super frustrating and can kind of picturing this happening 

Any chance you pants might be qualified as long?

7 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I can see this being super frustrating and can kind of picturing this happening 

Any chance you pants might be qualified as long?

I’d say my pants are normal in size, definitely not too big. If I had to guess I’d say there’s somewhere 4 to 6 inches from the top of my knee to the bottom of my pants.

19 hours ago, jwags2201 said:

I’d say my pants are normal in size, definitely not too big. If I had to guess I’d say there’s somewhere 4 to 6 inches from the top of my knee to the bottom of my pants.

I feel like that's a lot of room. My pants come up abiut 2 inches above my knee. 

On 7/7/2019 at 4:16 AM, jwags2201 said:

Any chance it's a toe tie or strapping issue? If it's only happening when you make quick leg movements perhaps the Gnetik were moving with you leg's initial movement more than the V6? Are you finding that your pants are resting on the knee stacks to begin with vs. they sat before?

44 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Any chance it's a toe tie or strapping issue? If it's only happening when you make quick leg movements perhaps the Gnetik were moving with you leg's initial movement more than the V6? Are you finding that your pants are resting on the knee stacks to begin with vs. they sat before?

The only thing i can really think of that is remotely different would be the toe tie, the previous owner left about 1.5 inches of slack, which I have never done with any pad in my life.

Archived