Right in the blade

Netnewbie

I had a game last night and one of the guys I play against has and absolute rocket for a shot.  I play semi organised rec with all levels of skill.  he took a shot from the point and i am not reactive enough to  get into the butterfly yet so i use my skates to direct to the corners.  I looked at my blade and there was a slight bend in the blade.  My question is will it affect my blade, which i didnt notice during the game, or should i get it strengthened out?

39 minutes ago, Netnewbie said:

I had a game last night and one of the guys I play against has and absolute rocket for a shot.  I play semi organised rec with all levels of skill.  he took a shot from the point and i am not reactive enough to  get into the butterfly yet so i use my skates to direct to the corners.  I looked at my blade and there was a slight bend in the blade.  My question is will it affect my blade, which i didnt notice during the game, or should i get it strengthened out?

You may or may not be able to straighten it out. You can try, but depending on the metal, where it is bent and how deep it is, you may be better with a new runner. Without seeing the blade in my hands, it could be where it can’t be sharpened all that well or be okay with some body English. 

Archived