Large size cowlings or holders+runners

ub3rdud3

Well it happened recently my size 13 cowling cracked hard during a game. So I need to replace them or I’m curious if holders+runners for a 12.5 size skate will work on my 13’s. I only skate once or twice a week floating around as a sub for various mens leagues in my area.

15 hours ago, ub3rdud3 said:

Well it happened recently my size 13 cowling cracked hard during a game. So I need to replace them or I’m curious if holders+runners for a 12.5 size skate will work on my 13’s. I only skate once or twice a week floating around as a sub for various mens leagues in my area.

I think for cowlings, the sizing you'd need would be 13 again. It should fit a 13 or 13.5 skate so a 12.5 would be too small and would fit a 12-12.5 skate only sadly. I beleive that's how the sizing works for the Bauer Vertexx cowling which I currently roll with now.

Which cowlings do you have?

I'm not familiar with the boots you're wearing so I do not know if those are safe to wear sans cowling.  In that case would suggest getting the appropriate sized Bauer Vertex one80 cowling since that will have the 4mm runner that you're used to.  If you wanna try the thinner 3mm steel then you will want to pick up the Vertex one100 cowling.  You'll also have removable steel so you won't have to worry about this happening again.  You can just replace the steel when the time comes instead of the entire cowling.

6 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I'm not familiar with the boots you're wearing so I do not know if those are safe to wear sans cowling.  In that case would suggest getting the appropriate sized Bauer Vertex one80 cowling since that will have the 4mm runner that you're used to.  If you wanna try the thinner 3mm steel then you will want to pick up the Vertex one100 cowling.  You'll also have removable steel so you won't have to worry about this happening again.  You can just replace the steel when the time comes instead of the entire cowling.

Thank you for the insight. I’ll look around.

Archived