Adjusting Vaughn C&As

Peter36

I had the same issue with my SLR Pro Carbon chesty in XL.  I measured vs the LRG were the arms hung and considered cutting and re-sewing them shorter.  In the end I tied spare laces from the shoulder and through one of the eye-loops near the elbow and adjusted the length.  I have used it for nearly a year like that now.  I'll try and get a picture when home.

1 hour ago, Almost Hip said:

I had the same issue with my SLR Pro Carbon chesty in XL.  I measured vs the LRG were the arms hung and considered cutting and re-sewing them shorter.  In the end I tied spare laces from the shoulder and through one of the eye-loops near the elbow and adjusted the length.  I have used it for nearly a year like that now.  I'll try and get a picture when home.

Ok, thanks!

When I wore a Lrg V4 I think the end of the cuffs stopped in the right spot in relation to my gloves and wrist mobility.  The problem was the elbows were too low and I bashed mine many times. I had to cut an old chesty and add 2nd set of elbows in to cover mine. It was also to short and I added a few inches to the belly.  

This XL has been perfect once I got the sleeves up to where the lrg stopped.  Elbows are perfectly in place now too.  I do wish Vaughn put some sort of adjustment built in to the arms but this was the quickest and easiest way to take care of it.   

D16389C9-41BD-4E8E-9924-832746625A68.jpeg

On 2/6/2020 at 1:54 AM, Peter36 said:

I currently have a Vaughn v7 pro carbon C&A. It's a senior medium, and the chest part of it feels pretty good, just the arms are too long. Is there any way to adjust the arm length?

See below.

23 hours ago, Almost Hip said:

No need to cut, in case you decide to sell the unit in the future.

Pinch the fabric between together and run a stitch straight through (see my red lines).  You can remove the stitch later if you don't like it.

image.png.024d5e10ae31c6fc03f6b19c6e5541ca.png

On 2/7/2020 at 11:43 AM, Chenner29 said:

See below.

Pinch the fabric between together and run a stitch straight through (see my red lines).  You can remove the stitch later if you don't like it.

+1. Have been doing this for years on Velo C/As. 

On 2/7/2020 at 11:43 AM, Chenner29 said:

See below.

I considered this as well but the string was a lot easier.  I was worried about the air mesh ripping over time doing the pinch and sew

Archived