Jump to content

CCM Pro Sr Mask - ‘17 model


Recommended Posts

So my current mask (Bauer Concept C2) is technically expired:

I’m playing lowest Division 35+ beer league, and pick up games with boys from the office, so can’t claim to NEED pro level. But, I might be able to get 30% off - or more - on a CCM Pro:

I tried it on quickly, seemed pretty good, and lighter than what I’m in now. But what exactly am I getting in a pro mask, at my age and level? Could I potentially use it longer than a lower-level mask? 
 

For anyone who has this, any likes/dislikes? To me, the sweat band looks puny; I’m a big sweater, and I don’t know if that little thing will cut it - unless it’s some advanced super-absorbent material. So how is it?

97C49D7D-36B5-4404-8C1B-BDC38286B41F.jpeg

69371FCC-BA40-4E6C-9F9C-8838872EA5E1.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Nova said:

According to your profile you are from Ottawa, in which case HECC certification is of no relevance unless you occasionally play south of the border. CSA certification doesn't expire. 

Trying to save me money? What a jerk! LOL!

Wow - I never realized that. And no - I won’t be playing in the US (I might go beering in the US, but that doesn’t require a mask. Usually.)

Thanks for that!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 10:43 PM, Nova said:

According to your profile you are from Ottawa, in which case HECC certification is of no relevance unless you occasionally play south of the border. CSA certification doesn't expire. 

If he ever decides to play in the Travellers league, they could give him a hard time about it. The refs are a pain in the ass with goalies.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 8:16 PM, Lucky Pucker said:

So my current mask (Bauer Concept C2) is technically expired:

I’m playing lowest Division 35+ beer league, and pick up games with boys from the office, so can’t claim to NEED pro level. But, I might be able to get 30% off - or more - on a CCM Pro:

I tried it on quickly, seemed pretty good, and lighter than what I’m in now. But what exactly am I getting in a pro mask, at my age and level? Could I potentially use it longer than a lower-level mask? 
 

For anyone who has this, any likes/dislikes? To me, the sweat band looks puny; I’m a big sweater, and I don’t know if that little thing will cut it - unless it’s some advanced super-absorbent material. So how is it?

97C49D7D-36B5-4404-8C1B-BDC38286B41F.jpeg

69371FCC-BA40-4E6C-9F9C-8838872EA5E1.jpeg

A pro mask, at ANY level of play (adult sizing) is never a loss if you can afford it. Protect your dome the best you can. If not a puck, an accidental slash or a collision could be as damaging to your head.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, RichMan said:

If he ever decides to play in the Travellers league, they could give him a hard time about it. The refs are a pain in the ass with goalies.

Do they have a different set of league standards other than what Hockey Canada uses, or does it just come from a lack of understanding on the official's part?

If it is the latter, it might be worth downloading a PDF of Hockey Canada's rule book to your phone in case it ever becomes an issue. Rule 3.6b is the relevant rule here. And having it on the phone would allow you to search terms like "HECC" or "expiration/expired/expiry". "HECC" does not come up and all mentions of expiration pertain to penalties.

I certainly don't mean to dissuade Lucky Pucker from upgrading masks if he feels the need at all. Good lids are always a worthy investment. Just wanted to provide clarity as I've seen lots of Canadians mistakenly think their mask is expired because of the HECC sticker.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Nova said:

Do they have a different set of league standards other than what Hockey Canada uses, or does it just come from a lack of understanding on the official's part?

If it is the latter, it might be worth downloading a PDF of Hockey Canada's rule book to your phone in case it ever becomes an issue. Rule 3.6b is the relevant rule here. And having it on the phone would allow you to search terms like "HECC" or "expiration/expired/expiry". "HECC" does not come up and all mentions of expiration pertain to penalties.

I certainly don't mean to dissuade Lucky Pucker from upgrading masks if he feels the need at all. Good lids are always a worthy investment. Just wanted to provide clarity as I've seen lots of Canadians mistakenly think their mask is expired because of the HECC sticker.

I certainly appreciate this, @Nova! I wasn't aware - of course going back and reading the sticker more closely, with the big "USA" made me feel the dumb... From what I understand the Concept C2 I have is a decent mid-range mask, and has only been actually used for just under 2 years (by me); it's just that a local store is going out of business, and I thought there might be a deal to be had on the CCM Pro. After a pretty curt discussion with my wife, it was asserted that this in no way constitutes a "need" to upgrade my mask at this time. Nor can I upgrade my CA to the sweet SubZero 3 Pro that's sitting there... :shakehead:

@RichMan - I almost ended up in the Travelers league, but from what I've heard, it's not what I'm looking for so probably won't be an issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...