Warrior G4 and GT2 Velcro strapping issues

BMW11190

For all the guys who are currently using the G4 or GT2 senior and pro pads.

the Velcro strapping around the calf and knee, had anyone had issues with the Velcro starting to not be as sticky as it once was? My G3 glove I currently use where the external cuff meeting the side of the glove with Velcro, the Velcro doesn’t keep it locked for long before it start flapping during play. Wondering if there is an issue like this with the strapping system. I know the pro pad for the knee wrap had the buckle but would it be worth it to go for the pro pads just bff or the buckle if there were Velcro issues.

7 hours ago, Nohtaram said:

I had same issue in my G2 pads and I changed velcros at least 3 times now. For smaller strap going behind the knee I've added buckle to which eliminate problem completely. I can post some pictures when I get back home.

No issues 9 months into life with a pair of GT2 pros, although I'm sure having the buckle helps.  It really wouldn't be  a difficult addition to make to a set of senior pads.  2 buckles, 3 feet of nylon strapping and a sewing awl should only set you back about $40 and you'd have the awl for future mods.  Given the price difference between Pro and Senior you're still coming out way ahead.

11 hours ago, Nohtaram said:

I had same issue in my G2 pads and I changed velcros at least 3 times now. For smaller strap going behind the knee I've added buckle to which eliminate problem completely. I can post some pictures when I get back home.

@Nohtaram Can you give me some more insight on how to changed out the velcro on the strapping system? Did you have remove the threading around the current velcro on the strapping system, remove the velcro and then place new and sew back on? I have never done a mod before except adding pro laces so unsure of how you went about this. Pictures would be helpful as well to see the after pictures of the changes you did.

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Yea, zero issues on my GT2 Pro's I've had for 8 months.

Never had any issues on my GT1 Senior's either. Had those for two years.

@coopaloop1234 did you wear the strap around the knee or on the upper calf? Did that strap it self being of some elastic base, stretch over time? If I went to warrior would they sell me replacement elastic straps if needed or is there a place online that would sell that kind of stuff?

25 minutes ago, BMW11190 said:

@coopaloop1234 did you wear the strap around the knee or on the upper calf? Did that strap it self being of some elastic base, stretch over time? If I went to warrior would they sell me replacement elastic straps if needed or is there a place online that would sell that kind of stuff?

- Upper Calf
- It's a neoprene material, so it does stretch a bit, but never really loosened up. It comes with a nylon strap to help put in a "max stretch".
- You can buy replacement strap kits. G3, G4, GT1, and GT2 all use the same strapping system. https://www.hockeymonkey.ca/warrior-goalie-accessories-ritual-g4-elastic-strap-kit.html

Archived