Seller Sends Incomplete Gear, what to do?

tubby34

So I recently purchased a pair of pads from a seller, and he’s been nice and helpful after the fact. I hope he’s felt the same about me too 

long story short, picked up a paid of pads and paid quickly. Received the pads and they are missing outside knee wraps And boot straps. No mention of it in ad and pictures didn’t show those parts were missing. 

seller is tying to locate the parts that are missing, he may have found it but the site where I bought them from is going to release the money I paid in a few hours. 

should I file a charge back if I don’t receive the parts I’m missing, should I decline the pads and send Them back Before the site automatically releases my money? 

I saved $70 by buying these compared to the other identical set that was available, but after having to locate the wrap And the straps- I’m paying more now. Never mind the other ones were in better shape. 

not sure what to do? First choice it to let him correct it- but if he doesn’t do I force a charge back/refund? Should I trust he’ll keep looking after the money is released? 

by the way, sorry for punctuation errors. Typing on my iPhone and not sure why it won’t capitalize Some letters and then will on others. I don’t feel like proofreading on my phone at 3Am lol. 

6 hours ago, tubby34 said:

So I recently purchased a pair of pads from a seller, and he’s been nice and helpful after the fact. I hope he’s felt the same about me too 

long story short, picked up a paid of pads and paid quickly. Received the pads and they are missing outside knee wraps And boot straps. No mention of it in ad and pictures didn’t show those parts were missing. 

seller is tying to locate the parts that are missing, he may have found it but the site where I bought them from is going to release the money I paid in a few hours. 

should I file a charge back if I don’t receive the parts I’m missing, should I decline the pads and send Them back Before the site automatically releases my money? 

I saved $70 by buying these compared to the other identical set that was available, but after having to locate the wrap And the straps- I’m paying more now. Never mind the other ones were in better shape. 

not sure what to do? First choice it to let him correct it- but if he doesn’t do I force a charge back/refund? Should I trust he’ll keep looking after the money is released? 

by the way, sorry for punctuation errors. Typing on my iPhone and not sure why it won’t capitalize Some letters and then will on others. I don’t feel like proofreading on my phone at 3Am lol. 

It's your call, but I will try to relocate sounds like he doesn't have it and it's lost to me. If you can't replace it by spending a few dollars maybe get your money back 🤷‍♂️

I kinda had to, it gave me 72 hours to do so and then sent a warning. The seller is right, it was an unwarranted dispute but I didn’t hAve much of a choice. Once that window closes I can’t dispute it. 

sucks, I should have just bought the other pads that were a little more and not damaged. I didn’t like that the photos and pics didn’t show the missing parts. 

On 6/2/2020 at 12:22 AM, Chenner29 said:

What I would do is:

• Dispute the transaction
  • Notate that some pieces were missing from the gear
  • Notate that you are working with the seller to rectify.

If it's a deal on SidelineSwap, it shouldn't affect his feedback score.

That’s exactly where the deal happened. He seemed disappointed I opened it, but I literally waited until 15 mins before it automatically paid him. He gave me a tracking number for something that’s coming now. 

anyone know how to close a dispute and make sure he gets paid if he actually sends the stuff? I tried to look but didn’t see a way to do that. 

14 hours ago, tubby34 said:

That’s exactly where the deal happened. He seemed disappointed I opened it, but I literally waited until 15 mins before it automatically paid him. He gave me a tracking number for something that’s coming now. 

anyone know how to close a dispute and make sure he gets paid if he actually sends the stuff? I tried to look but didn’t see a way to do that. 

I wouldn't feel bad if I were you.  You entered into a contract to buy an item with all the components, and you did not receive that.  You're just protecting yourself, regardless of how helpful he's been post sale...You don't need to treat him like a criminal, but you do need to make sure you get what you were expecting.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure where to close the dispute.  I've had friends do it before so I know it's there, but don't have any personal experience with it.  I would imagine it's in the same section you would normally accept the shipment.

Archived