G5 SR+ vs GT2 C/A differences

ArdeFIN

I'm in a pursuit for a secondary/backup c/a to take place of my Brown when it needs some update or service.

I'm tempted to Warrior as I have good experience from GT pro and the topics items are further improved from that unit.

I'm towards GT2 of the two but what are the real differences there? Shoulder floaters are different and sternum plate. Color is different, black is cool.

Price is the same for G5 SR+ and GT2 sr today so do I have any reason to choose G5 over GT2? 

Is "trimmed down" meaning thinner also or just a slight less in dimensions?

I were in between for the shoulder floaters being streamlined in G5 but then again I had no big issues with GT floaters interfering with my mask so I believe that GT2 floaters are better compared to GT which leads to zero issues with them. And getting more thickness and coverage too while I don't think it'll give me a single more save with that extra area on floaters.

So to get that 1% more coverage GT2 is the way to go? 😁

Seems like nothing is reasoning for the G5 instead.

• 3 months later...

I’m looking at a clearance GT2 Pro chesty but with Covid it’s tough to try one on. I have measured large according to their sizing but I keep reading that they fit big. I’m currently in a Boddam Large that fits almost perfect. I’m 5’10” with a think build. Anyone have thoughts on sizing?

I have a GT2 and it's one of my favourite pieces I have. I wore it right away in a league game and within a period it felt awesome. No awkward break in period like my previous chesty. It is unbelievably comfortable and even though it's big, it's really mobile. I am 6'1" and skinny and I have an extra large. I found a size guide and it's all based on the arm length. I was skeptical because I'm not an XL in anything but it fits perfect. I can't recommend it enough.

Edited by dnovak

22 hours ago, dnovak said:

I have a GT2 and it's one of my favourite pieces I have. I wore it right away in a league game and within a period it felt awesome. No awkward break in period like my previous chesty. It is unbelievably comfortable and even though it's big, it's really mobile. I am 6'1" and skinny and I have an extra large. I found a size guide and it's all based on the arm length. I was skeptical because I'm not an XL in anything but it fits perfect. I can't recommend it enough.

I'm 6'2, athletic build and mine is a large. I couldn't imagine being in an XL given how bulky it already is.

• 5 months later...

I have the GT (not the newer one) and the X3 Pro+ and I’d say the Pro+ is about the same bulk as the GT was. I feel way more mobile in the X3 Pro+ though. 

Keep forgetting to list my Brian’s Optik 2 custom chest. I tried for a while but couldn’t move in it like I wanted.