Some CCM AS1 questions

bc30

With the AS1 going on sale everywhere, was thinking of pulling the trigger on a set. But first, some questions for the experts, or at least for the guys that may have the same size skates. 

Does CCM follow the Bauer method, where a 9 and 9.5 skate would have a 9 cowling, but a 9.5EE would have a 10?

I’m pretty sure I’m a 9 in the current sizing, but if I were to go with 8.5EE, would it have a 9 cowling? 

Are the size charts accurate? I’m pretty sure my foot length is 277mm, which is 9, but an 8.5 is only listed only 4mm shorter. Is that enough of a difference to matter? 
thanks in advance for any insight  

On 11/14/2020 at 1:23 PM, bc30 said:

With the AS1 going on sale everywhere, was thinking of pulling the trigger on a set. But first, some questions for the experts, or at least for the guys that may have the same size skates. 

Does CCM follow the Bauer method, where a 9 and 9.5 skate would have a 9 cowling, but a 9.5EE would have a 10?

I’m pretty sure I’m a 9 in the current sizing, but if I were to go with 8.5EE, would it have a 9 cowling? 

Are the size charts accurate? I’m pretty sure my foot length is 277mm, which is 9, but an 8.5 is only listed only 4mm shorter. Is that enough of a difference to matter? 
thanks in advance for any insight  

1. CCM does use a size up for their cowlings.

2. That's definitely something you'd need to try on to determine. Skates fit differently and the size disparity may or may not affect you poorly. For an example, I can't wear Bauer skates due to a broke knuckle on my big toe. Doesn't matter how much larger of a skate I use, Bauer toe caps are just too narrow for me.

Whereas I've been able wear a half size down in a CCM to no major ill effects, just a tad more cramped.

Best to try them on and determine for yourself.

I found that for CCM skates, especially the smaller sizings, that the cowling and runner are somewhat oversized for the skate boot. I looked at the AS1 and found the boot much more comfortable than the Bauer 2X, but did not buy it because there was a 3/4-1" gap between the end of the toe on the boot and the toe portion of the cowling, which translated into a runner longer than I wanted to use. 

Archived