CRS straping - pads don't rotate back

Nohtaram

I tried new pads (S29) yesterday with CRS straping and Ihad issue with rotation of the pads. Everytime I droped into butterfly and stand up again pads were still twisted and gets up on my skates. Sometimes to the point where I realy had to put some force to get them back.

Straping setup I have right now is:
- short knee strap into calf wing (45 degree angle).
- long crs and lower straps with I would say medium tension 
- no boot strap
- elastic toe ties of my own design - like armored pro laces but much longer and with plastic buckles - I know that I have to make it shorter but after small adjustment in that area it din't fix the problem

Do you have any ideas what can I change to make it work - was thinking about throw boot strap through lundy loop.
I know I would get there eventualy but I don't want to fight with straping for next month of practises so any ideas what try first would be appreciated.

Personally, the only time I have ever had issues getting pads to sit square in my stance was when I tried a game without toe ties.

I'm guessing your toes are too loose.  Without a boot strap to help re-center them you become even more reliant on the toes to get it done

If you can't make them shorter you can cross them an additional time under the boot?

2 hours ago, Nohtaram said:

I'm always run my toe ties through first and last hole of the holder. I know my current ties are to long and my first idea was to shorten them but on the other hand toe ties I had on my previous pads wasn't much shorter and I never had an issue.

image.png.4497f0ac0ca276f24ff52ebd1dc80dc9.png

The elastic generally expands exponentially. 
Random numbers here, but if your newer set of ties is even just an inch longer than the old set, you may be getting another two to three inches in slack when you put force on it (which may explain why you feel the pads ride up your skates)

Maybe run a a knot or two against the toe bridge to take up some dead space?

I had simillar problem with my 2S. I´m using pro laces or my version of it. Firstly I attached boot strap and removed calf strap - it helped a lot. Elastic boot strap help to straiten the pad on your leg. Additionally I sewed inner calf wrap to the outer to make more space for skates aroud the ankle - calf wrap was hitting the edge of the skate.

My second option which i´m using right now is this: boot strap remove and attach it as proffesor strap. Next remove the main CRS strap and I use only "that one, which is attached to the outer calf wrap" - sorry I don´t know how to describe it. Anyway it work really nice

3 hours ago, kohula said:

My second option which i´m using right now is this: boot strap remove and attach it as proffesor strap. Next remove the main CRS strap and I use only "that one, which is attached to the outer calf wrap" - sorry I don´t know how to describe it. Anyway it work really nice

Do you mean the one strap with model logo?

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Nohtaram said:

So I shorten the bungee cord and remove the botom strap from the calf (only CRS and the middle one with logo left) and it's way much better but not perfect.

A friend of mine suggested to try Toe Hook today. Anyone used it and could share some thoughts?

ToeHook Toe Lace - Complete System

I used toe hook before I found the bungee cord solutions.

Pros

- they do the same job as bungee cords

- very fast to put on

Cons

- can still pop off with extreme rotation

- kind of ugly on the toe of your skate with no option to take it off

- zip ties broke pretty frequently for me, the bungee loop sheared once on me.

- depending on the component that breaks, can be a pain to re-install

Archived