Boot angle question

jrutherford

Hey guys,

I've been using a Brian's Optik2 90 degree boot for the past few seasons.  I'm potentially interested in looking at the new Mach line, but I don't have any experience with their 100/125 degree boot angle.  If anyone has info on the difference or your experience with the taller boot flex, that would be awesome.  Thanks.

10 hours ago, jrutherford said:

Hey guys,

I've been using a Brian's Optik2 90 degree boot for the past few seasons.  I'm potentially interested in looking at the new Mach line, but I don't have any experience with their 100/125 degree boot angle.  If anyone has info on the difference or your experience with the taller boot flex, that would be awesome.  Thanks.

I believe a steeper 125 degree boot will have the pads sitting lower and aid in pushing rebounds off of the toe into the corner

23 hours ago, jrutherford said:

Hey guys,

I think those are talking about two different things. The 90 degree boot on Brian's refers to their toe taper - how much of the inside of the toe is shaved down to make it easier to transition back and forth from butterflying/not slip out in your stance. See my crudely drawn overlay:

image.thumb.png.f1ad27fcf1fc8a55b11d124fb19e13cd.png

The Bauer 100/125 degree boot angle refers to the angle between the boot at and shin of the pad itself: 

image.png.c2ea323be30e721971286e4fe97060e7.png

You can see from their catalog picture that the 100 degree boot for Bauer sits flatter on your skate, where the 125 degree boot pushes up your pad somewhat and will sit taller. If you like how your current pad sits on your skate, I'd measure the angle and go with that one. Personally, I feel more connected to the pad in the 100 degree boot angle from Bauer. The 125 degree will be similar to the Reebok/CCM Premier/P1/PII boot angle; the standard Brian's Optik2 boot angle looks to be close to the 125 boot as well.

image.png.9565281d70b275b0b33bff05e2c95598.png image.thumb.png.553697b373736fad0b4cd8543f09f08e.png

Edited by Teezle
  • Like 1