Jump to content

Bauer Mach Custom Question


GoalCreaseGuardian
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am in the process of ordering a custom Bauer set and have a question about the sheet below. It gives you the option to choose your pad strapping on there and I am wondering if by choosing "Vapor" I would be able to get the Tune Fit 2.0 on a Mach set of pads? Or is it just a modified Tune Fit+ set up. So far what I have been told is it will just include the Vapor professor strap. But I wanted to hear from anybody that may have done this on a custom set already. 

Thanks!

 

 

image.thumb.png.229fac5d27f6d1b8347549130605921f.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only option for "Strapping" on the online Bauer.com customizer that has a Supreme/Vapor option is the TuneFit Connect strapping. I'm 99% sure that is what the check boxes on your sheet correspond to. If you want the TuneFit+ strapping but otherwise a Hyperlite pad, you would have to go with the Mach chassis and select the Stabiliflex knee, Hyperlite flex and Hyperlite boot. That'll be the closest you can get.

Edited by ZeroGravitas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ZeroGravitas said:

The only option for "Strapping" on the online Bauer.com customizer that has a Supreme/Vapor option is the TuneFit Connect strapping. I'm 99% sure that is what the check boxes on your sheet correspond to. If you want the TuneFit+ strapping but otherwise a Hyperlite pad, you would have to go with the Mach chassis and select the  Stabiliflex knee, Hyperlite flex and Hyperlite boot. That'll be the closest you can get.

That is what I thought. Looking at the sheet I wasn't quite sure since there are plenty of guys out there with different strapping set ups on pads, but pros tend to get more options than us regular people

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, goalieThreeOne said:

To follow up on that thought even though it's not what you were asking about, you definitely want to select the Vapor version of the TuneFit Connect strap. Most everyone prefers it over the Supreme style.

Agreed. However, on the Mach chassis, the attachment points for the TuneFit Connect strap are located in the same place as the attachment points for the TuneFit+ strapping, so using both at the same time would make them get in the way of each other.

The reason the TuneFit+ strapping can't easily be implemented on the Hyperlite chassis is because the calf strap on the Hyperlite attaches to the outside of the calf wrap:

image.png.fc1a8050276280c477bb3a5948375f8e.png

On the Mach, the TuneFit+ strap attaches to a small piece on the inside instead:

image.png.ed0d9f321c98cdb530bc7a2af1f31c30.png

Not sure why they laid it out that way for the picture; the triangular shaped piece is the one that is always attached to the pad, and the velcro tab I circled is what you take on and off.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@ZeroGravitas have any feedback based on custom orders?

Mach and Hyperlite have the same connection points I believe, so they are interchangeable. I believe whatever you order is what you get  in the box. You will not get the Mach strapping too if you order HL on Mach.

You should be able to get HL on Mach if that is your choice

FWIW, I have used all OD1N pads... Mach is a major step forward for Bauer. It works well and it does not require patience dialing it in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@ZeroGravitas have any feedback based on custom orders?

Re: the new TuneFit+ - everyone likes it a lot over previous Bauer strapping setups. I personally wish we could move the other flap down a little. IIRC, that side is sewn in. Perhaps in the future Bauer could create connection points down on that side of the pad for users to tweak their setups.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Re: the new TuneFit+ - everyone likes it a lot over previous Bauer strapping setups. I personally wish we could move the other flap down a little. IIRC, that side is sewn in. Perhaps in the future Bauer could create connection points down on that side of the pad for users to tweak their setups.

It is definitely an improvement over the hyperlite strapping, for me. I do wish that the elastic on the side that attaches to the flap on the outside of your leg (the "pointy" side of the triangle) was maybe a 1/2" - 1" longer; I am not a large person and it feels tight around my calf when I strap them on (maybe my knee pads are larger than average?). That said, in game it feels perfect, so it could just be something with the angle of my leg sitting vs. standing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Teezle said:

It is definitely an improvement over the hyperlite strapping, for me. I do wish that the elastic on the side that attaches to the flap on the outside of your leg (the "pointy" side of the triangle) was maybe a 1/2" - 1" longer; I am not a large person and it feels tight around my calf when I strap them on (maybe my knee pads are larger than average?). That said, in game it feels perfect, so it could just be something with the angle of my leg sitting vs. standing.

That's my only big complaint with the TuneFit+. I wish the elastic was a little longer, or better yet, adjustable similar to how CCM's Quick Motion strap is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • Member Statistics

    1,774
    Total Members
    2,646
    Most Online
    Joshytea
    Newest Member
    Joshytea
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...