LOTC Channel

LordOfTheCrease

Did you put the camera on the outside of the glass, seems kind of low for inside the glass, ie. in the target area for being hit by pucks. Interesting selection of music. I went to the video on youtube to see the playlist in your description. I like these tracks. Do they go to the shootout in every game if tied after regulation?

9 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Did you put the camera on the outside of the glass, seems kind of low for inside the glass, ie. in the target area for being hit by pucks. Interesting selection of music. I went to the video on youtube to see the playlist in your description. I like these tracks. Do they go to the shootout in every game if tied after regulation?

I always put my cam on the outside of the glass in the "lightbox" so it doesn't get hit. I'm still kind of playing around with the angle of the camera and am open to ideas. I use a cheaper action cam so no puckeye for me.

And yes, if it is tied at the end of regulation it goes to a shootout. I think come playoffs, it will be continuous OT.

Thanks for the kind words!

Two suggestions: 

1. Get the camera up higher. It's a much better angle to be able to see more, especially your hands
  2. Edit the videos down to just the relevant plays. I lose interest quickly if I'm just watching you standing there.  

I'd also suggest putting the camera on the inside if you can, but I know some refs won't like that. I have two around my parts that won't let me do that.

Also, where are these games being played?

@IPv6Freely I'll see what I can do about the angle. Maybe play with it before my next game.

After rewatching them, I 100% agree about editing them down. I will be doing so in the future. 

I unfortunately cannot put the camera in the rink for liability reasons. I'm lucky to be able to do what I am.

Games are being played on the state line area in Northern IL/ Southern WI area. I say that because I actually play at a few different rinks in multiple leagues.

@LordOfTheCrease just a suggestion on the camera angle - up higher is better, but you also need to tilt the camera down. In your latest video, the top half of the frame is wasted because you just see the roof. If you angle it down so that the opposite boards are at the top of the frame, you’ll get a much better viewing angle (i.e., you’ll be able to see more detail) and you’ll also get the area behind the net in frame. Good luck and keep filming!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived