CCM crossform strap in a True 580.

Madmedic6

After putting off this project for a few months I finally got around to getting it done. I source the crossform strap from a 581 glove that I deconstructed for "science". I removed the factory true wrist wrap by trimming the thread tying it to the palm area. Then I tried to use the factory attachment strap that goes under the palm but it was way too long. I then attempted to shorten it by sewing the strap shorter rather than making a new one. When they didn't work I ended up using left over lacrosse lacing to loop into the perimeter cord and foam of the back hand strap. The mobility feels way better than the factory true wrist strap. Only downfall is that the true nylon wrist strap is more interior than the ccm so it won't go as tight, which is fine for me. I guess we shall see how it goes. 

PXL_20240229_032238001.MP.jpg

PXL_20240229_031657551.jpg

Snapchat-770748613.jpg

PXL_20240229_031653427.MP.jpg

Edited by Madmedic6
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

This is a hot option at Pro... Markstrom and Big Save Dave use it. Have any more pics?

I'll get some tomorrow morning when I get home from work. One other thing I forgot to mention is that I am using the strap inverted as to how it's attached on the 581 as the nylon wrist strap is further towards the wrist on the true. But the mobility is still way better than that of the factory true wrist strap. 

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

Sorry, can you take like a picture showing the whole backhand? It's very zoomed in and I wanted a clean look at the whole back. Thanks

I'll try. The old 2nd over hand strap is still there as I'm using it and an anchor for the top Velcro strap on the crossform strap. 

Ahhh, okay now I get it. I was confused at first too but now it makes sense. The way you've inverted the crossform strap is interesting. I can see how that actually might work quite well. Thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...