JRZ PZ-1 full set review

PO Laberge

Interesting format with the PDF.

one thing, G3 catcher is 75 degrees, not 60. Unless you have the 60 degree liner in the G3 of course.

The leg pad review didn't really answer my curiosity about how stiff the pad actually is.

Why are these leg pads up to snuff in regards to the big boys? Is that just because of the magnetic strip? I'd like to see that expanded on a bit more.

coopaloop1234 as long as I know and based on my experience, their stiffness compares to the Eflex3, and they are stiffer than the G3.

As I said, JRZ is crafting goalie stuff since 20+ years for Bauer and ITech (just think about the Bauer Reactor 9000). They developped their craftmanship during these years and today, you can fell the quality of their product. This is pro stock made in Canada.

Solid review and if I must say,  a pretty dang good translation too from French to English. ;) 

I'm happy to see JRZ back in the game. It'll be really interesting to see how well some of this stuff catches on, given previous small companies like Kenesky making waves (ex. McElhinney in TO testing a full set) without even having much (modern) experience in the game. It wouldn't surprise me, given their close relation to Bauer, that more folks using 1X (ie. Budaj) will give these a shot.

I'm a little surprised to see the knee rolls go, but it seems almost that knee rolls are becoming a thing of the past. If anything, JRZ/Bauer's most soughtafter pad was the One100 in my opinion, and this really does look like it.

• 1 month later...

Archived