Rbk Premier XLT; yay or nay?

bunnyman666

What size would you get? If it's  a 33+1 I'll happily take them off your hands if they don't work out. 

Giggy used the premier line. You'd be fine. 

It would ultimately come down to if you're comfortable using a stiff pad with an elevated boot. The premier line has a very specific feel to it. 

4 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

What size would you get? If it's  a 33+1 I'll happily take them off your hands if they don't work out. 

Giggy used the premier line. You'd be fine. 

It would ultimately come down to if you're comfortable using a stiff pad with an elevated boot. The premier line has a very specific feel to it. 

Love it or hate it proposition, eh?

I just can’t resist cheap pads...

32+1

I love my XLTs.  I got them for deal as well not long ago from my local shop.  For the price you can't beat the quality that these pads are made with.  Very solid.  I have a narrow butterfly as well but I got them with a double break so they cover the five hole beautifully.  Like already said, it comes down to liking a stiff pad that shoots rebounds off of it.  While I get flex from the double break there is pretty much no flex in the boot.  If you like your pad to flex at all points and rebounds to die at your feet these may not be for you.

8 hours ago, Drew37 said:

I love my XLTs.  I got them for deal as well not long ago from my local shop.  For the price you can't beat the quality that these pads are made with.  Very solid.  I have a narrow butterfly as well but I got them with a double break so they cover the five hole beautifully.  Like already said, it comes down to liking a stiff pad that shoots rebounds off of it.  While I get flex from the double break there is pretty much no flex in the boot.  If you like your pad to flex at all points and rebounds to die at your feet these may not be for you.

I think you confirmed what I had deep in my mind about the particular model I had in mind; thank you!

The ones I could get had no outer breaks and are pre-shaped. I think I saved myself from buying a pad that has no resale value and I would have been stuck with these.

My ZeroG have a strange combo of flex at all points, but rebounds don’t die; they don’t travel to the blue line, either. They are stiff enough to stay square when in the butterfly.

I should be saving my pennies for my ZeroG pads to be cloned, not spending money on pads I may or may not like. 

I got a 1 season old set of XLT's (used maybe 10 games) for a steal and I love them.   I have 8k pads too and the above user kind of summed it up.  My 8K's soak things up a little better.        I also find the xlt gloves are remarkably stiff.  I have to leave it open in the sun for about a day to get it into game ready shape. If it stays closed in my bag, its a workout for my hand the next day. 

4 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I think you confirmed what I had deep in my mind about the particular model I had in mind; thank you!

The ones I could get had no outer breaks and are pre-shaped. I think I saved myself from buying a pad that has no resale value and I would have been stuck with these.

My ZeroG have a strange combo of flex at all points, but rebounds don’t die; they don’t travel to the blue line, either. They are stiff enough to stay square when in the butterfly.

I should be saving my pennies for my ZeroG pads to be cloned, not spending money on pads I may or may not like. 

They definitely would have resale value.  They are still pro level pads, only a few years old.  But that's the thing, if the cost of the pads aren't worth the experiment of trying something different then it's not worth it for you.  It is hard to pass up on a good deal though, that's for sure.

14 minutes ago, Drew37 said:

They definitely would have resale value.  They are still pro level pads, only a few years old.  But that's the thing, if the cost of the pads aren't worth the experiment of trying something different then it's not worth it for you.  It is hard to pass up on a good deal though, that's for sure.

I get weak in the knees for bargains, usually.  Something just told me to stay away suddenly. Maybe it’s the fact that I am having surgery in three weeks that gave me the jitters about spending the dough. 

I usually buy the item, then ask people, then use it for a spell and make my judgment. But two super-low priced bargains in a row usually does not happen for me. 

Archived