Stance issues

daffy

Hey guys,

Ive posted many times over the years on GSBB about this but now a bit of a change.

Quick background.  Weak ankles have always lead me to using 2 boot strap and deep boot.  Helped my ankles on colapse inward and supported.  I was able to get low enough in the skates without playing on my ankles.

So this summer i started playing in Easton Makos.  Stiff boot which has been great for the ankles.  Now the issues seem to be that i cant get low enough, its like my skates are too straight up and not leaning inward enough.  I can get that right feel but only if i widen the stance.  If i widen the stance, i cant really moved side to side.

My boot isnt super tight but would it be as easy as just loosening the boot straps right off?  Im thinking thats all it is but input is always appreciated.

Cant try anything new as i pulled an adductor longus and out 6 weeks (3rd injury in 4 months).  Would like to make an adjustment when i can get back on ice.

49 minutes ago, daffy said:

Hey guys,

Ive posted many times over the years on GSBB about this but now a bit of a change.

Quick background.  Weak ankles have always lead me to using 2 boot strap and deep boot.  Helped my ankles on colapse inward and supported.  I was able to get low enough in the skates without playing on my ankles.

So this summer i started playing in Easton Makos.  Stiff boot which has been great for the ankles.  Now the issues seem to be that i cant get low enough, its like my skates are too straight up and not leaning inward enough.  I can get that right feel but only if i widen the stance.  If i widen the stance, i cant really moved side to side.

My boot isnt super tight but would it be as easy as just loosening the boot straps right off?  Im thinking thats all it is but input is always appreciated.

Cant try anything new as i pulled an adductor longus and out 6 weeks (3rd injury in 4 months).  Would like to make an adjustment when i can get back on ice.

you could try getting rid of one of the boot straps entirely if its possible. not sure how the boot is set up, if its like in the sleeve that they are now or if its fixed thru the boot

Maybe loosen the bootstrap or remove it entirely like max said, and try sending a picture of your blades. Taller blades could help but if you’re in the butterfly you have to pick up your leg more which might put stress where you pulled your hip, what also might help is putting more slack on your toe ties. I hope this helps 

Archived