Pre Game Warm Up Vision

Matt

Anyone have any good pregame warmup ideas (i.e. off ice) that specifically relate to puck tracking/hand eye?  My goalie has had a few rough starts to games.  IMO he isn't tracking the puck very well in the first 10 minutes of a game.  Outside of that 10 minutes his games have been really solid.

He gets about 5-6 minutes of on ice warm up.  Sees a lot of pucks there.  He has to do the team warm up before the game.  We've told him that he should probably change things up and do his own warm up first before the team one.  He's at the rink early enough that time isn't an issue.  

He's started tossing a ball against a wall and doing some juggling...

Any good ideas for warming up your eyes?

I'm guessing the team warmup isn't doing him any favors. Most team warmups consist off shooters warming themselves up( picking corners, blasting clappers, head hunting) . Any on ice warm up that a goalie is involved in should consist of reasonable shots to glove, blocker and both legs as well as center mass. This allows your goalie to work him/herself into the game and get a feel for the puck.

not that it ever works out that way.

17 hours ago, old but slow said:

I'm guessing the team warmup isn't doing him any favors. Most team warmups consist off shooters warming themselves up( picking corners, blasting clappers, head hunting) . Any on ice warm up that a goalie is involved in should consist of reasonable shots to glove, blocker and both legs as well as center mass. This allows your goalie to work him/herself into the game and get a feel for the puck.

not that it ever works out that way.

hehe too true.  My kid was supper pissed at one of his D a few weeks ago.  D didn't wait long enough to shoot (i.e. his shot came in right on the heels of the kid shooting before him), tagged my guy right in the upper chest/collar bone.  It stung.  Man was he mad.

Archived