Single T vs double T

Jonathon v

I know this has been gone over many times but I was wondering about it. My last glove was gnetik 8.0 intermediate (double T) my new optik is a single T. I don’t know if it is because:

the boa system is a lot different and will take a lot of breaking in 

the glove is a tiny bit heavier and bigger because it’s a senior

Or if its the single T, but my glove feels very sloppy. I’ve had some decent shots to the glove, still can’t catch great With it yet, but it feels very sloppy. My old glove was also nylon, and my optik has skate lace. I know skate lace makes it softer, but I thought the glove in general would have a snappy feeling when a puck hit it, even near the skate lace. My old double T gnetik seems to have a more snappy feeling... does anyone know if it is any of the reasons I stated above?

Well anything new especially a different model is going to feel different and require adjustments. You also not only went from an int to sr but an int to Pro spec. Imagine how much snap you would have facing harder shots. Its only logical it wouldn't be as snappy. IMO skatelace reduced the snap more then a double tee anyway.

If it's any consolation, I have optik double tee skatelace and don't feel to much either and it took a bit to adjust to

If anything a single-T should have a more snappy feeling.  However, you've mentioned several reasons that could account for the difference in feeling you're noticing.  If I had to guess at the main culprit, I would suspect that pucks that were previously hitting the spine(s) of your T are now finding lace, and are feeling dead because of that.  I had a Gnetik II glove w/the double T and considered the Optik for quite a while.  I probably had it on my hand 6-7 times debating pulling the trigger.  I ended up going a different direction, but I can tell you that the G2/G8.0 are pretty different from the Optik and I'm not surprised you're having issues.   Focus on tracking the puck all the way into the glove for a while and you'll gain confidence in the new glove. 

16 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

If anything a single-T should have a more snappy feeling.  However, you've mentioned several reasons that could account for the difference in feeling you're noticing.  If I had to guess at the main culprit, I would suspect that pucks that were previously hitting the spine(s) of your T are now finding lace, and are feeling dead because of that.  I had a Gnetik II glove w/the double T and considered the Optik for quite a while.  I probably had it on my hand 6-7 times debating pulling the trigger.  I ended up going a different direction, but I can tell you that the G2/G8.0 are pretty different from the Optik and I'm not surprised you're having issues.   Focus on tracking the puck all the way into the glove for a while and you'll gain confidence in the new glove. 

Alright thanks

4 hours ago, mufforz said:

Well anything new especially a different model is going to feel different and require adjustments. You also not only went from an int to sr but an int to Pro spec. Imagine how much snap you would have facing harder shots. Its only logical it wouldn't be as snappy. IMO skatelace reduced the snap more then a double tee anyway.

If it's any consolation, I have optik double tee skatelace and don't feel to much either and it took a bit to adjust to

Ok thanks

3 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

This is why I stick with a single 

If you’re not aware @Jonathon v - Optik is wider than nearly any other T on the market. Design goal was to give the snap of a single T with the width of a double T. Obviously it’s not as wide as a double T, but it somewhat bridges the gap 

Archived