Reebok Larceny pads too stiff

varano

Hi guys, I have a pair of reebok xlts that I'm very happy with aside from the fact that they're a touch too small. I still play comfortably with them but I thought

id give a pair of used larcenys a try. 

Does anyone have any experience with these? Im finding that the pads are extremely stiff despite having the knee rolls.  The pads were in really good shape so its 

possible that they weren't used much but is this normal for these pads?

I never tried Larceny pads. But those were built like tanks. Larcenys are very stiff and heavy pads. You need to break them in like one season, lot of buyers gave up and that´s why there is/was lot of Larcenys for sale almost brand new. 

On 3/2/2019 at 4:36 PM, southpawtendy48 said:

How long have you had the larceny pads for? 

Ive had the pads for half a year but never used them.  Based on the condition of the knee bolsters and the straps, Im wondering if the guy I bought them from used them more than a dozen times.  

On 3/3/2019 at 7:42 AM, Korppi32 said:

I never tried Larceny pads. But those were built like tanks. Larcenys are very stiff and heavy pads. You need to break them in like one season, lot of buyers gave up and that´s why there is/was lot of Larcenys for sale almost brand new.      

I feel like they're so stiff and clunky. Its the chicken and the egg.. I guess I need to wear them for them to soften a bit, but they're so stiff they feel uncomfortable to play in. 

7 hours ago, varano said:

Ive had the pads for half a year but never used them.  Based on the condition of the knee bolsters and the straps, Im wondering if the guy I bought them from used them more than a dozen times.  

Could have gotten stiff again from how long it hasn’t been used. A method to break them in at home is to bend it at the thigh rise and sit on it for 20-30 minutes each pad, otherwise playing/practicing in them often will help to break them in too. 

1 hour ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Could have gotten stiff again from how long it hasn’t been used. A method to break them in at home is to bend it at the thigh rise and sit on it for 20-30 minutes each pad, otherwise playing/practicing in them often will help to break them in too. 

you mean like this right- 

Archived