Stiffer Knee stacks making 5 hole closure worse.

Jonathon v

All pads have a boot taper to some degree and applying your weight through your skates will cause the pad to lift up (as it should, otherwise recovering to your feet would be a bitch)... It shouldn’t affect the torsion at the thigh rise if your weight is down the center over your knees and hips (and the pads are properly sized) 

Keep your stick down and drink lots of milk so you can grow into them 

10 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

All pads have a boot taper to some degree and applying your weight through your skates will cause the pad to lift up (as it should, otherwise recovering to your feet would be a bitch)... It shouldn’t affect the torsion at the thigh rise if your weight is down the center over your knees and hips (and the pads are properly sized) 

Keep your stick down and drink lots of milk so you can grow into them 

I agree with this in theory, but I think the 80 deg taper toe taper was phased out at retail for a reason. We’re splitting hairs here for sure... but I don’t think the 80 deg taper and and unsewn in knee block are helping. It’s a little of pieces that could negatively effect. I think that is not a great combo.

with that said, 100% agree that working on your technique is what you should be doing. I’d be shocked if that is really going to consistently allow pucks going in on you. 

18 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I agree with this in theory, but I think the 80 deg taper toe taper was phased out at retail for a reason. We’re splitting hairs here for sure... but I don’t think the 80 deg taper and and unsewn in knee block are helping. It’s a little of pieces that could negatively effect. I think that is not a great combo.

with that said, 100% agree that working on your technique is what you should be doing. I’d be shocked if that is really going to consistently allow pucks going in on you. 

arent the optik flx cores stock with an 80 degree toe, or is it 84 like the gnetik 4?

6 hours ago, Jonathon v said:

So is that too much of a taper because for a while I wanted to get a  78 degree taper but that was dumb thought 

It depends. Do you get into a wider stance? if so, not really. if yes,than it could be

Archived