Twelve NHL Teams Will Alter Uniforms in 2017-18

SaveByRichter35

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-12-nhl-teams-will-alter-uniforms-2017-18/

Save up for that back-to-school shopping, hockey fans. It will soon be time to update your wardrobe.

A total of 12 NHL teams are reportedly preparing alterations to their existing uniforms for the 2017-18 season, the first season under the league’s seven-year contract with new outfitter Adidas.

The Boston Bruins, Buffalo Sabres, Calgary Flames, Colorado Avalanche, Columbus Blue Jackets, Dallas Stars, Edmonton Oilers, Florida Panthers, Minnesota Wild, Nashville Predators, New Jersey Devils, and Ottawa Senators will join the Vegas Golden Knights in unveiling fresh duds next season.

The scoop comes from Sportslogos.net’s Chris Creamer, a reliable source of unreleased uniform information.

These changes, Creamer reports, will not involve a primary logo switch and could be simply minor tweaks to the current look.

When Reebok took over as the NHL's outfitter in the summer of 2007, seven teams underwent logo overhauls.

Adidas also plans to temporarily do away with alternate third sweaters and restrict teams to home and away duds for next season.

Details of this summer's alterations are scarce. Cross your fingers for the return of Devils green and the Blue Jackets cannon patch.

We do know the Oilers will be switching to WHA orange from blue for their home sweaters.

“I want to touch and respect the past, but we’re in a new building. We’re in a new era. We have a new leader in Connor McDavid. We have a team that is building their identity for today,” Oilers Entertainment Group CEO and vice chairman Bob Nicholson told the Edmonton Journal.

The Senators will consider making their alternate "O" heritage sweaters their permanent look.

“There has been a lot of jerseys, a lot of logos, lots of patches,” president Tom Anselmi told Postmedia. “Whatever we end up with at the end of day, we want to stick with it. We want something that will stand the test of time.”

Upon finalizing the NHL partnership, Adidas Group North America president Mark King promised "cool things" with hockey uniform development. He said the new sweaters will introduce lighter fabrics that allow more mobility and flexibility for players.

“There’s more technology in a jersey than you may think,” King said.

I hope the Blues end up with their Winter Classic sweaters as their primary. I have hated the Reebok sweaters, especially those horrible Edge sweaters that had that silly striping. But somehow, I think Adidas is going to screw up the sweaters even more. 

7 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I hope the Blues end up with their Winter Classic sweaters as their primary. I have hated the Reebok sweaters, especially those horrible Edge sweaters that had that silly striping. But somehow, I think Adidas is going to screw up the sweaters even more. 

I think collars are gone, like the latest Nike Olympic jerseys. It's the impression I got from the leaked pictures I saw. I don't think the WCH were exactly what we'll see next season. I hope all teams got the new Adidas jerseys for the draft, even if I'm doubtful, I still anxious to see them.

7 hours ago, chakal said:

I think collars are gone, like the latest Nike Olympic jerseys. It's the impression I got from the leaked pictures I saw. I don't think the WCH were exactly what we'll see next season. I hope all teams got the new Adidas jerseys for the draft, even if I'm doubtful, I still anxious to see them.

I hope you're right.

I just see bad stuff on the horizon and I hope my fears are for naught. 

There isn't going to be all that much change.  Adidas owns Reebok.  They'll roll out some new stuff just to sell jerseys but in all likelihood there isn't going to be that big of a difference in the actual on ice product.  Just as there is no difference between Reebok pads and now CCM pads.

Archived