inline skate help.

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!

You can probably get the hardware(axles,spacers) at https://www.inlinewarehouse.com/Roller_Hockey_Axles__Spacers/catpage-SKRHAXLES.html

Bearings really depends on what you want to spend. The bones reds are pretty good but a bit more pricey. You can probably just buy any cheap bearings, you can get them at inline warehouse, amazon, or a local skateboard shop.

For wheels I need more info... indoor/outdoor, how much you weigh/what durometer? And if you're in the US or Canada would help as well

31 minutes ago, Isles12 said:

You can probably get the hardware(axles,spacers) at https://www.inlinewarehouse.com/Roller_Hockey_Axles__Spacers/catpage-SKRHAXLES.html

Bearings really depends on what you want to spend. The bones reds are pretty good but a bit more pricey. You can probably just buy any cheap bearings, you can get them at inline warehouse, amazon, or a local skateboard shop.

For wheels I need more info... indoor/outdoor, how much you weigh/what durometer? And if you're in the US or Canada would help as well

https://www.inlinewarehouse.com/Moto_Deluxe_Bearings_Singles/descpage-MOTODBULK.html

will these bearings fit the wheels i mentioned above?

54 minutes ago, Goalieinneed said:

im in the US. i found wheels on goalie monkey. https://www.goaliemonkey.com/labeda-roller-inline-hockey-wheels-shooter-green-2017.html is there special bearings/axels/bearings/spacers i need? 

Those are indoor/outdoor wheels so they might not work for you depending what type of floor you are skating on and how much you weigh. IMG_0203.thumb.PNG.88bece325348cefbed619d25eb244f71.PNG

You will need standard 608 bearings for your wheels. And you'll need whatever axles your skates have. Should be one of these https://www.inlinewarehouse.com/Tour_Roller_Hockey_Wheel_Axles__/descpage-TWA45.html

47 minutes ago, Goalieinneed said:

https://www.inlinewarehouse.com/Moto_Deluxe_Bearings_Singles/descpage-MOTODBULK.html

will these bearings fit the wheels i mentioned above?

Yeah they should work. I would assume they're 608 bearings... it would probably say if they weren't.

Go with the softest wheel possible that you can afford to replace at least 2x a year if you can.  Disregard weight recommendations.  I played with the softest wheels at 220+ lbs and never sacrificed bite from the most severe angles.  I just remembered that I went with 2-3 72a or 74a in the front and 2 - 74a or 76a in the rear depending on what I could afford, or what was available, or which skate I had at the time.  5 wheels on the Tours, 4 on the Missions, which was nice when I upgraded.  I also found a good deal on bearings on eBay verus paying for set through one of the online site.  Better value if you find a good dealer.

1 hour ago, Goalieinneed said:

ACA13B64-ED25-432D-B525-628A6D0010C6.thumb.jpeg.35fbdc849caacc11347ac2e3ace1c8cf.jpegSo this is what I ended up going with.

Two things:

1. That wheel is meant for outdoor use(ie rough surfaces), so if you're using it on a smooth indoor surface it will have no grip.

2. You need two bearings per wheel. One goes on each side of the spacer.

5 minutes ago, Isles12 said:

Two things:

1. That wheel is meant for outdoor use(ie rough surfaces), so if you're using it on a smooth indoor surface it will have no grip.

2. You need two bearings per wheel. One goes on each side of the spacer.

1) i play on smooth concrete.

2) this was just place holder of what i got. i did get two bearings

Not that this applies in Goalieinneed's situation... but I run two soft wheels in the front and two hard wheels in the back.

I tend to push off more on my toes - and slide/ stop on my heels. So I found that the combination of both suits my needs.

Actually, since I'm cheaper than heck, I only have three wheels in my skates today. Two front ones and one hard one in the back. I keep saying I'm buying new skates - so I don't want to spend any more cash on the old ones I still use.

How old?

This model old. 

s-l300.jpg

How many inline goalies can say they are using Canadian made skates? I can.

10 hours ago, Goalieinneed said:

thanks for the help @Isles12

No problem!

3 hours ago, MTH said:

Not that this applies in Goalieinneed's situation... but I run two soft wheels in the front and two hard wheels in the back.

I tend to push off more on my toes - and slide/ stop on my heels. So I found that the combination of both suits my needs.

Actually, since I'm cheaper than heck, I only have three wheels in my skates today. Two front ones and one hard one in the back. I keep saying I'm buying new skates - so I don't want to spend any more cash on the old ones I still use.

How old?

This model old. 

s-l300.jpg

I've been considering doing the same, I tend to destroy the back wheel much faster than the front ones. And those are a classic haha I used to have the player version for road hockey

• 1 month later...
On 4/10/2019 at 10:27 AM, MTH said:

How old?

This model old. 

s-l300.jpg

Me.  Well, when I played inline.  I haven't played inline since I started ice in 2011/2 though.  I used these same exact skates but with Labeda Predator chassis.  I have a BNIB set of Bauer 7000 skates that I will eventually move to when I need to and I plan on converting my current 7000s into my inline skates just in case I ever do play again.  Will still be made in Canada when/if I do so.

Archived