Hockey Tron has Verbero padded shirts for $39

wow, this shirt looks really nice.  I've been casually keeping my eye out on a padded shirt and this one has intrigued me more than most.  I really only care about collar bone padding and this one looks great.

any experience with this shirt, anyone?

10 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

I was not a big fan of this as a shirt, but I cut the lower part off and made a shirt-style neck guard a la the Vaughn VPC 8000 unit and I like using it that way. 

How would you describe the tightness of the neck?

Loose, moderate, tight, constricting?

2 hours ago, seagoal said:

How would you describe the tightness of the neck?

Loose, moderate, tight, constricting?

I would say “moderate”. It me, it fits somewhere in between an Under Armour heat gear compression shirt and the loose fit in the same size. I wear small in UA and got a size small Verbero. 

5 hours ago, estogoalie said:

You mean something like this?

half-shirt.JPG

Exactly. Thought that was an actual picture of me for a second...

Here’s my hack job. Not pretty, but it works really well. The segmented foam really lets it move/flex so that it does not feel restrictive. The main reasons I cut off the body were that I did not need the side protection and I did not find the shirt comfortable to wear directly against my skin and did not want to wear a whole second shirt over my UA layer (too hot). 

46577479-4FFB-4BB5-96DE-CBC2B9206BC4.thumb.jpeg.cccfc8063e457bd2c12d41ff8b589be2.jpeg

• 2 years later...

I got my Verbero Shield shirt today and it's.....strange.

The clavicle/neck protection is perfect and exactly what I am looking for.  The rib pad sections are way wider and longer than I thought.  It makes tucking the shirt into my undershorts kinda awkward.  The rib padding is totally unnecessary for me and I wish I could just remove them.

The sleeves are also a bit short which doesn't really matter because I hike my sleeves up past my elbows anyway on long sleeve shirts.  

It's also very difficult to remove. Getting the neck hole over my (large) head is difficult,  especially with the padding.

I'm now playing with the idea of doing something like @Punisher Goalie did.