Helmet foam troubles

GoalieInTheDesertYT

Inside my sweatband there is a strip of Maltese foam. The problem is the sweatband isn’t doing it’s job anymore in absorbing sweat. 

Many idea is to cut open the sweatband and stick the Maltese into my helmet and use a new sweatband 

my problem where and how do I put the strip of Maltese into my helmet?

6510AB70-16CC-4329-AC57-57EAA3C8F33B.jpeg

476A0696-ACF1-4C03-9DDA-5622CDA35704.jpeg

6D362FCC-AF00-43AD-8FDC-8B65222E729C.jpeg

The short answer is that it's probably not worth attaching to the mask.  If you REALLY want it, you'd probably be better off unstitching and restitching the new sweatband to put it in there.

As for your actual question:  You might have fit problems if you try something like putting velcro on either side of the maltese, basically like wearing 2 sweatbands.  You could remove those velcro tabs, cement the maltese to the foam in the mask and then cement to velcro to the maltese to attach the sweatband.  That would cut down a bit on the fit issues, but still probably a bit thicker than just putting the maltese into your new sweatband.

While an interesting idea... IMO the mix of Maltese and sweatband don't allow for adequate functionality of either. Your sweatband doesn't absorb sweat... and the Maltese is so thin it likely isn't doing much to lessen impacts. If you have concerns about your current padding getting too firm (although it looks pretty new) I'd say swap out your padding and get a sweatband that is a purpose built one. Sham user here... but I've heard the Bauer 37.5 bands work well too.

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

While an interesting idea... IMO the mix of Maltese and sweatband don't allow for adequate functionality of either. Your sweatband doesn't absorb sweat... and the Maltese is so thin it likely isn't doing much to lessen impacts. If you have concerns about your current padding being getting too firm (although it looks pretty new) I'd say swap out your padding and get a sweatband that is a purpose built one. Sham user here... but I've heard the Bauer 37.5 bands work well too.

I have both... for longer pick up skates I go sham... but for games I go Bauer 37.5.  I find the Bauer just won't hold as much sweat.  The Sham also helps in feel locked into my mask.

Archived