Spray bombed my back up mask

daffy

I need to get my Protechsport back to Michel for repair so decided to paint my koho 570.  Rattle can paint from Cdn Tire.  I used 320 grit to rough up the old paint.  I should have done the areas that were chipped better.  I also got lazy and didnt wet sand between coats of paint.  Lots of small imperfections i could have corrected.  I cleared it with spray can clear as well.  I have read that it isnt as strong as autoboddy shop clear so i hope it holds out for a few skates while my main mask is being fixed.  Attached the before and after.

20190610_194925.jpg

20190614_112207.jpg

Looks great.  The clearcoat won't be as good as an autobody, but still better than nothing. If you are interested:

USC SprayMax 2K Glamour High Gloss Aerosol Clear

This is a two part clear in a can, it works awesome and is closer to what an autobody shop would use. 

Definitely use in ventilated area or have a respirator for it.   You have to use the can within 24 hours of activating it as well.

22 minutes ago, MangoRhinehart said:

Looks great.  The clearcoat won't be as good as an autobody, but still better than nothing. If you are interested:

USC SprayMax 2K Glamour High Gloss Aerosol Clear

This is a two part clear in a can, it works awesome and is closer to what an autobody shop would use. 

Definitely use in ventilated area or have a respirator for it.   You have to use the can within 24 hours of activating it as well.

Agreed on the USC spray... used it myself and it holds up very well to pucks. In my experience... the more toxic the clear... the better it performs.

Thanks guys, thats good to know.  I think im done with painting for now.  Im not skating for the next few weeks so the hope is i only need it for a few skates.  If a puck hits it and tmthe paint explodes then ill decide on a repaint with better materials.

Archived