Vaughn: Offshore vs Pro Carbon

kerouacknew

Looking for some pads. Vaughn Pro V elite of V7 pro carbon.

Having a hard time finding all black without doing a custom order.

Ive found some Pro V Elite (offshore) at Goalie Monkey in all black and am just wondering what kinda quality these are compared to the Pro Carbon?

Ive always wore pro pads ( V3, Eflex and V6)

Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to take a good look at these offshore ones and could tell me if they are decent?

Thanks

Shawn

47 minutes ago, kerouacknew said:

Looking for some pads. Vaughn Pro V elite of V7 pro carbon.

Having a hard time finding all black without doing a custom order.

Ive found some Pro V Elite (offshore) at Goalie Monkey in all black and am just wondering what kinda quality these are compared to the Pro Carbon?

Ive always wore pro pads ( V3, Eflex and V6)

Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to take a good look at these offshore ones and could tell me if they are decent?

Thanks

Shawn

Thanks for posting, here's a similar thread in which Vaughn gave us some info. If this isn't enough, let me know and I will ask my Vaughn contacts

11 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Thanks for posting, here's a similar thread in which Vaughn gave us some info. If this isn't enough, let me know and I will ask my Vaughn contacts

It wasn't enough, ask your Vaughn contacts to send me a demo set :P

I was trying for a few months but it was always "next month I'll have some" and then finally no response. Pretty quick way to lose a sale that way for my 2nd pad set.

26 minutes ago, Hills said:

It wasn't enough, ask your Vaughn contacts to send me a demo set :P

I was trying for a few months but it was always "next month I'll have some" and then finally no response. Pretty quick way to lose a sale that way for my 2nd pad set.

Haha, we're probably talking to the same person

2 hours ago, kerouacknew said:

So sounds like they are pretty close. I was mostly worried about the innards and the cordora if it was the same materials or not.

Not too concerned about the carbon.....seems like a bit of a gimmick to me.

I checked with a WHL goalie who has a Vaughn gear deal. He said the carbon makes the biggest difference for kicking out rebounds, like the OD1N tech from Bauer. If you're not too concerned with the big rebounds and a little more stiffness, that's probably not a bit bonus for you. 

Thanks. Im leaning toward the Pro carbon ones.

With the exchange and the customs/taxes on the Goalie Monkey ones its only a couple hundred difference.

I might as just bite the bullet and get some custom ones in all black.

Thanks for the help.

27 minutes ago, kerouacknew said:

Thanks. Im leaning toward the Pro carbon ones.

With the exchange and the customs/taxes on the Goalie Monkey ones its only a couple hundred difference.

I might as just bite the bullet and get some custom ones in all black.

Thanks for the help.

I would support some all blacks! #SolidColoredPadsCrew 

Archived