Leg Channels

A.YOUNGoalie13

Would you say you are having problems with how wide the calf wraps are from one another....or is it a strapping issue?

If the channel itself is too wide due to how wide the calf wraps are built into the pad, then there isn't really anything you can do for that. 

You could possibly overhaul the strapping.  Are you using the professor strap on them tightly?

15 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Would you say you are having problems with how wide the calf wraps are from one another....or is it a strapping issue?

If the channel itself is too wide due to how wide the calf wraps are built into the pad, then there isn't really anything you can do for that. 

You could possibly overhaul the strapping.  Are you using the professor strap on them tightly?

Nailed it.  There should be no issues in the channel with the RRC strap.  You literally need no other strap for the leg channel to snug/tight

3 hours ago, seagoal said:

The channel is too wide. I wear the rrc tight. I might try putting a strap inside the leg channel or adding padding inside the outer wrap

44 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

The channel is too wide. I wear the rrc tight. I might try putting a strap inside the leg channel or adding padding inside the outer wrap

Ah, I see.  So do you feel it flopping around?

You'd probably be best in a custom set up if you have particularly skinny legs and pads are flopping around on you.  I know for sure CCM has leg channel width options.  Vaughn officially doesn't but they do offer this as a custom mod when requested.

13 hours ago, seagoal said:

Ah, I see.  So do you feel it flopping around?

You'd probably be best in a custom set up if you have particularly skinny legs and pads are flopping around on you.  I know for sure CCM has leg channel width options.  Vaughn officially doesn't but they do offer this as a custom mod when requested.

Ok. Thanks for the tips

Archived