CCM materials

Silence

Hey guys, I am currently looking to do my next set up in the next few months or so. My current set is a P2 which I used all speed skin. My previous set was all Jenpro. They seem to be wearing down at the same level as each other. I was looking into the emboss to get some thoughts on this material as i have no experience with it. How does it hold up and how does it slide compared to the speed skin?

1 hour ago, Silence said:

Hey guys, I am currently looking to do my next set up in the next few months or so. My current set is a P2 which I used all speed skin. My previous set was all Jenpro. They seem to be wearing down at the same level as each other. I was looking into the emboss to get some thoughts on this material as i have no experience with it. How does it hold up and how does it slide compared to the speed skin?

"Emboss" is also called weave or robocop. Pretty much every other brand uses it. Essentially, it's the same material as jenpro with a different stamping to it. It sort of has a flaky effect that looks really nice under lights. In my experience, it wears the same as jenpro, except it starts to flake off rather than just wearing down. Speedskin is also the same material as jenpro with a different stamping/coating as well.

I actually think weave/emboss slides better than speedskin under a majority of ice conditions. It's not gonna be as fast, but it will be way more consistent. I found Speedskin starts off really well but starts to deteriorate really quickly. 

3 minutes ago, Aquilzz said:

I actually think weave/emboss slides better than speedskin under a majority of ice conditions. It's not gonna be as fast, but it will be way more consistent. I found Speedskin starts off really well but starts to deteriorate really quickly. 

This is my experience exactly.  I'm alternating between EF4's and RGT2's at the moment.   Speedskin on the CCM and Weave the the Warrior pads.  Other than the first 3 minutes of the game the Warrior pads slide better.  By the end of the game it's not even close.  Now, I have NOT tried a pair of EF4's with a Weave sliding surface, and that would be the only real test of if my issues are with the material or the pad itself, but I'm pretty convinced I won't bother with Speedskin if I go CCM again if only because I don't like the look.  Maybe we'll get lucky and CCM with have some new super duper mystery material for the sliding surface of the Axis line?  What do you think @TheGoalNet?  Could it happen? 

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

This is my experience exactly.  I'm alternating between EF4's and RGT2's at the moment.   Speedskin on the CCM and Weave the the Warrior pads.  Other than the first 3 minutes of the game the Warrior pads slide better.  By the end of the game it's not even close.  Now, I have NOT tried a pair of EF4's with a Weave sliding surface, and that would be the only real test of if my issues are with the material or the pad itself, but I'm pretty convinced I won't bother with Speedskin if I go CCM again if only because I don't like the look.  Maybe we'll get lucky and CCM with have some new super duper mystery material for the sliding surface of the Axis line?  What do you think @TheGoalNet?  Could it happen? 

I agree that CCM slides great on clean ice and probably sees the biggest lose in performance on bad ice. If you get a Zam between periods, it works well. For beer leaguerers, I understand people looking for something that slides better on all ice conditions 

I expect that with Axis, we’ll see more pros to shift to Speed Skin. Right now, the pro factory is only tooled up to supply white Speed Skin and this should change moving forward 

I have noticed similar effects where the speed skin does not slide as well. It’s also horrible to use on synthetic ice. It doesn’t wear down it just doesn’t slide. My last training session I used a set of P2 with jenpro and it was like night and day on synthetic. I would rather have a more consistent  material as the USA warriors tournaments do not clean the ice. 

has anyone used the weave on synthetic? 

Archived