True tongue options

Hockey1234

20 minutes ago, Hockey1234 said:

What are the differences between the true tongues? I have the slim ones right now and they hurt the tops of my feet even though I got them baked. What tongue should I get? Also, is there a difference between the player tongues and the goalie tongues?

I have one piece true goalie skates with standard tongue and they feel great. I believe they are a bit shorter than the 2 piece and player tongues but that’s based off looks. I don’t think there’s too big a difference, and standard is fine

1 hour ago, Jonathon v said:

I have one piece true goalie skates with standard tongue and they feel great. I believe they are a bit shorter than the 2 piece and player tongues but that’s based off looks. I don’t think there’s too big a difference, and standard is fine

I have two piece w a vertex holder. I’m sort of deciding between the t guard and the standard. I don’t really know what the t guard is though and can’t find any information on it. 

13 hours ago, Hockey1234 said:

What are the differences between the true tongues? I have the slim ones right now and they hurt the tops of my feet even though I got them baked. What tongue should I get? Also, is there a difference between the player tongues and the goalie tongues?

Hurt the tops of your feet like lacebite? Ot do you literally mean on the top of your foot? True tongues come in standard, a standard but with a lace-bite protector and a reinforced (mostly for protection for blocking shots). Maybe try adjusting the tongues since they are velcroed in, or just skip the eyelets where there is pain. It's quite normal for people to skip eyelets.

True's new player tongue is way different than the felt tongues of old. It's stiffer and not as padded but seems to be really well fitted to the foot.

On 11/4/2019 at 11:14 PM, Aquilzz said:

Hurt the tops of your feet like lacebite? Ot do you literally mean on the top of your foot? True tongues come in standard, a standard but with a lace-bite protector and a reinforced (mostly for protection for blocking shots). Maybe try adjusting the tongues since they are velcroed in, or just skip the eyelets where there is pain. It's quite normal for people to skip eyelets.

True's new player tongue is way different than the felt tongues of old. It's stiffer and not as padded but seems to be really well fitted to the foot.

I’m a goalie but I got this all figured out. It was like at the bottom of the tongue it was hurting the top of my foot. I had the slim/thin / lightweight tongue, whatever it’s called. It was just too tight but it’s fine now I figured out how to tie it to make it not hurt my feet. 

• 2 years later...
On 11/6/2019 at 5:00 PM, Hockey1234 said:

I’m a goalie but I got this all figured out. It was like at the bottom of the tongue it was hurting the top of my foot. I had the slim/thin / lightweight tongue, whatever it’s called. It was just too tight but it’s fine now I figured out how to tie it to make it not hurt my feet. 

What was the solution or did you get a different tongue?  Just tie your skates looser?