Brian's vs CCM Pad Sizing

HP29

I'm wondering how Brian's sizing compares with CCM, specifically the Premier lineups and not the Eflex. I'm coming off the Alites in 33+1, that were just a tad too tall in the knee (no issues in the thigh rise), and wondering how a Premier might compare in that respect.

Anyone try both brands to provide reference? @TheGoalNet - I'm looking at you!

Thanks!

Edited by HP29

2 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I looked into the CCM/Reebok, and it seems they are 1” taller, i.e. 33+1“ in everything else is a 32+1” is the CCM equivalent. 

Thanks Bunny Dude!

That sucks, I don't understand how I am 5'10" and don't meet the minimum senior sizing (33") in most brands hahahaha 

Anyone want to chime in with some hands-on experience?

My ATK leaves me a hair short on Brian's 33+1, which makes sense. But CCM's FTK puts me pretty well bang on their 33+1.

(I know that's only for reference, and doesn't always translate, but I'll likely be ordering online and not be able to try before I buy)

Edited by HP29

@bunnyman666 does your INT gear run narrower? I've read  that an INT/INT PRO pad isn't just shorter, but also narrower and has smaller overall dimensions vs its SR/SR PRO counterpart. And there's claims that the construction and materials are of a lesser quality as well. Thought I'd pick your brain on that, too....

Edited by HP29

14 minutes ago, HP29 said:

@bunnyman666 does your INT gear run narrower? I've read  that an INT/INT PRO pad isn't just shorter, but also narrower and has smaller overall dimensions vs its SR/SR PRO counterpart. And there's claims that the construction and materials are of a lesser quality as well. Thought I'd pick your brain on that, too....

I manage to find pro-spec adult gear, but 32” pads are almost always a special order item; though I do occasionally find it in stock. 

You can get pro-strength intermediate gear. Factory makes it. Frankly, the only intermediate pro gear I’d trust! I did demo a pro intermediate pad from another maker. Felt very light due to another half inch off of the width. Slightly more manouverability. I don’t know if coverage was compromised. But I probably would rather have adult width pads...

I would only play intermediate pro gloves made by Factory; chesties are a pro only option for me.

• Thanks 1

My own experience going from Reebok P4s to Brians G-netik 2:

P4s were 34 + 1 and I ordered the Brians as 33 + 1.5, the shin sizing was fairly 'true' in that the knee block of the Brians were an inch lower than the one of the P4s. However, the thigh rise of the Brians was wayyyyy bigger than the P4s (certainly not 0.5" bigger 😂), perhaps as much as 2" bigger which meant that the Brians 33+1.5 were overall taller than a Reebok 34+1. 

I believe in part that this is due to Brians having bindingless thigh rises which means you're getting more actual pad (as opposed to binding) in the listed size. 

However, if you're specifically after Premiers its worth taking into account at one point they stiffened the boot so much that it made them feel bigger than they actually were (don't know if this is still the case with the current model) 

• Thanks 1

I should have been more specific that I meant INT pads only, but this is a good bit of info for those who are maybe between sizes in gear in general. I’m the same as you, senior everything fits me just fine, but it’s pad height the last few years has gotten tricky. 

Yeah, not only is the boot stiffer, but I know Reebok/CCM use a much more open boot angle for the Premier, close to a 120° vs 90°ish on their Eflex or even other brands. 

I wonder if a little time and effort (WEIGHT) couldn’t close that boot up just enough to dial in, should it not quite work out.

Edited by HP29

• 2 years later...