New mask opinions

Hey guys/gals

I'm going to be in the market soon for a new mask and have been reading and looking around. It seems OTNY is a good route to go but unsure on what model. I am currently in a fusion MMX mask but the padding is getting hard and the chin area is cracked and crumbling from a shot off the chin. The mask never seemed to fit just right but it’s protective and has kept my head safe.

im looking at the X1 and CC currently, it seems like the CC is a copy of the Bauer profile and the X1 is looking more like CCM (price).  Besides the looks does each mask fit differently or offer something more than the other? Seems they are made with the same material and offer the same price point. I am also looking at sportmask, specifically the X8 but they are roughly around the same price with the OTNY offering more protection.

I play lower the intermediate level beer league but some of the “intermediate” guys have hard shots and would rather have more protection on my head than I need. Any suggestions or insight would be appreciated, I’m looking to spend around $500/600 on the mask.

1 hour ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Hey guys/gals

I'm going to be in the market soon for a new mask and have been reading and looking around. It seems OTNY is a good route to go but unsure on what model. I am currently in a fusion MMX mask but the padding is getting hard and the chin area is cracked and crumbling from a shot off the chin. The mask never seemed to fit just right but it’s protective and has kept my head safe.

im looking at the X1 and CC currently, it seems like the CC is a copy of the Bauer profile and the X1 is looking more like CCM (price).  Besides the looks does each mask fit differently or offer something more than the other? Seems they are made with the same material and offer the same price point. I am also looking at sportmask, specifically the X8 but they are roughly around the same price with the OTNY offering more protection.

I play lower the intermediate level beer league but some of the “intermediate” guys have hard shots and would rather have more protection on my head than I need. Any suggestions or insight would be appreciated, I’m looking to spend around $500/600 on the mask.

I am a Protechsport guy, but it sounds like you need it sooner rather than later.  I of course like the Victory, too. 

You should make certain what you buy will fit FIRST, as this is a LOT of money to spend on a lousy fitting lid.

Archived