True one piece runner tool

benner33

So I found a great looking pair of True one piece skates on SidelineSwap and they look like they weren’t baked at all (for the record I wanted to try the two and one piece used where I could get them cheep to decide what I wanted custom wise before dropping $1k). 

One bummer, no runner tool. Anyone have these skates and have suggestions or images of what the tool looks like? I hate using my Sparks without the runner holder. 

18 hours ago, benner33 said:

So I found a great looking pair of True one piece skates on SidelineSwap and they look like they weren’t baked at all (for the record I wanted to try the two and one piece used where I could get them cheep to decide what I wanted custom wise before dropping $1k). 

One bummer, no runner tool. Anyone have these skates and have suggestions or images of what the tool looks like? I hate using my Sparks without the runner holder. 

If you get a nice enough used set of True skates, you don't need to order a brand new custom pair at all depending on your foot. 

I got my 2-piece True skates used and once I baked them properly they were great. No need to get another pair of brand new True skates. I saved a lot of money that way which was nice.

And random question: The runner tool for the true skates. Would that socket be the same type used for these Bauer Vertexx cowlings? Asking because I've never had removable blades before so I'm unsure of what socket to use if/when I need to repalce these blades. Thanks!

152781584_true2pcgoalieskates.jpg.620608

Edited by creasecollector

7 hours ago, creasecollector said:

If you get a nice enough used set of True skates, you don't need to order a brand new custom pair at all depending on your foot. 

I got my 2-piece True skates used and once I baked them properly they were great. No need to get another pair of brand new True skates. I saved a lot of money that way which was nice.

And random question: The runner tool for the true skates. Would that socket be the same type used for these Bauer Vertexx cowlings? Asking because I've never had removable blades before so I'm unsure of what socket to use if/when I need to repalce these blades. Thanks!

152781584_true2pcgoalieskates.jpg.620608

Yeah the ones I just got seemed like they weren’t baked at all. I did it at home and just had a skate with them and they fit amazingly. 

• 1 year later...