Optik 2 or Vaughn V9?

Griff1604

Optik 2 or V9?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Optik 2 or V9?

• Optik 2
    • Vaughn V9

Hi guys,

Having trouble deciding between Optik 2's and V9's. Currently in P2.9's and love the flexibility. I really liked the seal of the optik 2's but liked the flexibility of the V9's and I feel like the V9's are closer to the pads I have now. Have any of you used either the Optik 2's or VE8's or V9's and what did you like/dislike? Thank you.

ive used Optik 2's and Vaughn PVE 2019(they have a VE8 core).  They are completely different styles of pads so it really just comes down to what you prefer.  One isnt really better than the other.  If you are in a more flexible pad now the adjustment will be much easier with the V9 for sure.  

More details needed bud.  Which core for the Optik?  

Both are going to offer prime for sliding, soft boot and similar strapping.  You be better off to speak to a retailer about your style and what you want in a pad vs polling us.

@TGC-Rance from the Goalie Crease is a premier Brian's dealer and knows the gear better than anyone.  For Vaughn, Craig Milner at dukes source for sports is the man 

@cwarnar

Thank you for the reply - Was going to either go max core or max with a slightly more flexible boot and maybe a more flexible thigh rise, haven't decided yet but was gonna go custom. I've been speaking with a local retailer and really liked the feel of both on my legs, however I can no longer try them on for a while as I just had both labrums repaired lol. I phrased the original question poorly and should've just asked what people liked and didn't like about them. Thank you for those names as well!

43 minutes ago, Griff1604 said:

@Telfo

Thank you! How'd you like your vaughns?

I like them a lot.  The only issue I really have with them is the thickness but that has been considerably improved on the V9.  you shouldnt have any seal issues with either of them.

1 minute ago, Lucky Pucker said:

@Griff1604 - just curious, but is there a reason you’re not considering the G-Netik IVs...? If you’re coming from a more flexible pad, and you like that about it, G-Netik IV might be a better comparison than the Optik 2s.

Signed,

A proud (and possibly biased) G-Netik IV owner 😁

@Lucky Pucker - Thank you for your response! I tried on the G-Netik IV's at the store and honestly they just didn't feel right for me. I like something with a little more of a curve, and I just wasn't getting that when I put them on, and my butterfly didn't feel as natural as in the two other sets I'm considering. It might sound stupid but they just didn't feel natural. I'm more concerned about having a flexible boot which I can get custom on Optik 2's. I appreciate your opinion, though! Have a good day.

4 minutes ago, Griff1604 said:

@Lucky Pucker - Thank you for your response! I tried on the G-Netik IV's at the store and honestly they just didn't feel right for me. I like something with a little more of a curve, and I just wasn't getting that when I put them on, and my butterfly didn't feel as natural as in the two other sets I'm considering. It might sound stupid but they just didn't feel natural. I'm more concerned about having a flexible boot which I can get custom on Optik 2's. I appreciate your opinion, though! Have a good day.

Does NOT sounds stupid at all - especially given the coin you’ll be dropping on pads! They should feel as “natural” as possible, and only you can know what that feels like. Good on ya for trying things and being sure! I hope you’re thrilled with your new pads when you do get them!

Cheers!

Just now, Lucky Pucker said:

Does NOT sounds stupid at all - especially given the coin you’ll be dropping on pads! They should feel as “natural” as possible, and only you can know what that feels like. Good on ya for trying things and being sure! I hope you’re thrilled with your new pads when you do get them!

Cheers!

@Lucky Pucker - Thank you very much! I've always stayed away from stiff pads like 2s/2x, one time I had the chance to try the 2x pro set on ice and it hurt my knees to butterfly, so I've always found more comfort in something softer and more curved, considering my butterfly is somewhat narrow and I don't have the flexibility that I wish I had. At the end of the day, there are many great pads out there, but its all about which one will get the job done and will feel best to you. I thought I would like the Gnetik's, but didn't, and I'm fine with that, it helps me narrow my options down! And like you mentioned, pads are expensive!! I do have the Gnetik IV glove and blocker though, and they are fantastic. Looking forward to placing an order soon, leaning towards Optik 2 but a store near me just got the V9's so I will check them out for sure. Unfortunately cannot butterfly for 4 months due to injury, but was able to try on the VE8's before that to get a feel for a vaughn pad.

I Appreciate the input! 

Archived