Sew On Number Kits

Hi all:

As this thread is about jerseys, I thought I would dump this here as it is to do with part of a jersey (less threads are probably good, but if moderators fell different, feel free to relocate this)

Has anyone purchased numbers for their jerseys, and if so where and at what cost?

I have been on the hunt for some sew-on numbers for one of my practice jerseys. It has been pretty difficult to find anything in Canada as most places that do that kind of stuff only want to do team/corporate sales.

I did get a response from my “semi-local” PHL who will sell me a set (both arms plus back) for ~ $60 CAN. (+ shipping). It seems high but if that what people have seen as the going rate, I will accept it.

Any comments on experience with this, possible distributors etc would be appreciated…

Thx

MOD EDIT - I felt this was worthy of its own topic.  Good stuff!

11 hours ago, Colander said:

Hi all:

As this thread is about jerseys, I thought I would dump this here as it is to do with part of a jersey (less threads are probably good, but if moderators fell different, feel free to relocate this)

Has anyone purchased numbers for their jerseys, and if so where and at what cost?

I have been on the hunt for some sew-on numbers for one of my practice jerseys. It has been pretty difficult to find anything in Canada as most places that do that kind of stuff only want to do team/corporate sales.

I did get a response from my “semi-local” PHL who will sell me a set (both arms plus back) for ~ $60 CAN. (+ shipping). It seems high but if that what people have seen as the going rate, I will accept it.

Any comments on experience with this, possible distributors etc would be appreciated…

Thx

Check with local embroidery shops.  Here in the US, they get contracted to do all kinds of work - from high school jerseys for all kinds of sports, to lettermen's jackets, to patches and name embroidery for car/service/maintenance employees. 

They should keep stock of numbers, name plates, and letters, and should be able to sell you numbers and even stitch them on for a lot cheaper than PHL.

13 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Check with local embroidery shops.  Here in the US, they get contracted to do all kinds of work - from high school jerseys for all kinds of sports, to lettermen's jackets, to patches and name embroidery for car/service/maintenance employees. 

They should keep stock of numbers, name plates, and letters, and should be able to sell you numbers and even stitch them on for a lot cheaper than PHL.

Great suggestion - there is enough rep teams as well as a WHL team here, so hopefully someone can help with access to materials

Thx

9 hours ago, Colander said:

Great suggestion - there is enough rep teams as well as a WHL team here, so hopefully someone can help with access to materials

Thx

Sure thing.  $60 is a lot - they are probably buying a kit from one of their embroidery shops and marking it up

2 hours ago, jacksork said:

2nd what Chenner said. $60 definitely seems on the high side.

If you are sewing it on yourself? Go to a fabric store and tell them what you are trying to do. I want to say it's a twill fabric you are looking for.

Yes, thanks I reached out to the group as I felt the price they quoted was high, but wanted to see what other people were paying,. I will certainly explore other options. if I have an revelations as to how to do this, I will let others know.

Oh, and yes, I will be doing the sewing...

Archived